British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Sadiq Khan’s City Hall among authorities recommending ‘pro-open borders’ charity’s asylum toolkit

17 August 2026

Pippa Middleton told to remove car park constructed without planning permission on £15million estate

17 August 2026

‘Gentle giant’ died after medication withdrawn, inquest told | Manchester News

17 August 2026

Does Reform’s plan to cut £50bn in welfare spending add up? | UK News

17 August 2026

Wafcon 2026: Things we learned from finals in Morocco as Cameroon crowned champions

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Gregg Wallace discontinues £10,000 lawsuit against BBC over MasterChef axe
Entertainment

Gregg Wallace discontinues £10,000 lawsuit against BBC over MasterChef axe

By britishbulletin.com27 February 20263 Mins Read
Gregg Wallace discontinues £10,000 lawsuit against BBC over MasterChef axe
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Former MasterChef presenter Gregg Wallace has decided to discontinue his High Court claim against the BBC and will not receive damages, the corporation has confirmed.

Mr Wallace sued the BBC and BBC Studios Distribution Limited for up to £10,000 in damages over allegations they failed to disclose his personal data, which caused him “distress and harassment”.


Gregg Wallace was sacked by BBC MasterChef over the allegations | BBC

The Masterchef star was axed last summer after an investigation into historical allegations of misconduct resulted in a number of allegations being upheld against him.

The BBC denied Mr Wallace had “suffered any distress or harassment”, stating in court documents he was not “entitled to any damages”.

Gregg Wallace had 45 out of 83 allegations substantiated against him | BBC

A preliminary hearing was due to take place on February 16 but was cancelled ahead of time.

A BBC spokesperson confirmed on Friday that Mr Wallace had discontinued the claim.

They said: “Shortly in advance of a hearing, due February 16, Mr Wallace discontinued his claim. He is not receiving any payment in costs or damages from either BBC or BBC Studios.”

Mr Wallace is yet to comment on the decision to discontinue.

Gregg Wallace stepped away from MasterChef while the investigation by Banijay UK took place

|

BBC

Mr Wallace’s barrister, Lawrence Power, said he had requested “personal data” from the BBC and BBC Studios related to “his work, contractual relations and conduct” in March last year.

These requests typically take up to a mont. However, the deadline can be extended if the information is complex, Mr Power said.

Mr Wallace’s barrister claimed that the BBC had “wrongly redacted” information and had “unlawfully failed to supply all of the claimant’s personal data”.

In defence to the claim, Jason Pobjoy KC, for the BBC and BBC Studios, said it was “admitted and averred that primarily due to the lack of proportionality and scale”, the BBC had not provided Mr Wallace with “a substantive response” within three months.

John Torode and Gregg Wallace were both sacked from their roles on MasterChef | BBC

But he added that after designating the request as complex, the BBC responded to Mr Wallace on October 7 with a copy of his personal data, which he was entitled to, and had apologised to Mr Wallace in August.

Mr Pobjoy said the “voluntary disclosure demonstrates that the claimant has no basis to claim damages for distress, or otherwise, in respect of the withholding of such information”.

Mr Wallace began co-presenting MasterChef in 2005, but in November 2024, it was confirmed that he would step away from his role while the misconduct allegations were investigated.

The BBC will not pay Wallace damages

| BBC

A review by law firm Lewis Silkin later upheld 45 of the 83 allegations against him, which mostly occurred between 2005 and 2018 and included one of “unwelcome physical contact”.

It said the “majority of the substantiated allegations against Mr Wallace related to inappropriate sexual language and humour”, adding that “a smaller number of allegations of other inappropriate language and being in a state of undress were also substantiated”.

Mr Wallace issued an apology saying he was “deeply sorry for any distress caused” and that he “never set out to harm or humiliate”.

Mr Wallace was subsequently replaced by food critic Grace Dent and Saturday Kitchen host Matt Tebbutt on MasterChef, and MasterChef: The Professionals.

Since his departure from the BBC, Mr Wallace has launched his own online fitness company, offering nutrition and workout advice to clients.

He has also begun sharing personalised videos for fans on the site Cameo, in which people pay Mr Wallace to record their messages in a clip.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Pippa Middleton told to remove car park constructed without planning permission on £15million estate

Europe’s oldest monarch admitted to hospital after medical examination

Hayden Panettiere death shows ‘no signs of foul play’ as police release new details

King Charles and Prince William face £10million bill as royal homes to fail energy targets

BBC EastEnders star Shane Richie ‘divorces’ wife as former couple quietly sell home

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank announce name of newborn baby

Harrowing 911 audio reveals actress suffered ‘cardiac arrest’ as details about death emerge

Cruz Beckham reaches out to estranged brother Brooklyn with heartfelt olive branch as fans rush to support

Perez Hilton’s family share health update in new statement amid hospitalisation

Editors Picks

Pippa Middleton told to remove car park constructed without planning permission on £15million estate

17 August 2026

‘Gentle giant’ died after medication withdrawn, inquest told | Manchester News

17 August 2026

Does Reform’s plan to cut £50bn in welfare spending add up? | UK News

17 August 2026

Wafcon 2026: Things we learned from finals in Morocco as Cameroon crowned champions

17 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

National Lottery winner scoops £300,000 on scratchcard — and treats herself to new towels

17 August 2026

All homes built near railway stations to be given ‘default yes’ under Angela Rayner’s new plan

17 August 2026

Europe’s oldest monarch admitted to hospital after medical examination

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.