British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Gianni Infantino: Fifa’s Kevin Lamour sacking ‘deeply troubling’ – Uefa executive Laura McAllister

19 August 2026

Thames Water orders Britons to take ‘shorter showers’ as stocks dwindle amid drought and heatwave

19 August 2026

Deaf patient given wrong jab due to sign language error, report says | UK News

19 August 2026

Man found dead at Charlton Athletic football ground

19 August 2026

Iconic Blackpool pier REFUSED planning permission for new fairground rides

19 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Crocker-Paro: History and legacy on the line in IBF welterweight title showdown
Sports

Crocker-Paro: History and legacy on the line in IBF welterweight title showdown

By britishbulletin.com23 June 20262 Mins Read
Crocker-Paro: History and legacy on the line in IBF welterweight title showdown
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

As Lewis Crocker realised a lifetime dream by winning the IBF welterweight title at Windsor Park in his native Belfast last September, predictably, the questions as to what is next quickly followed.

Marquee names such as Conor Benn and Devin Haney were rumoured for a lucrative first defence, while a domestic rematch with Conah Walker was also touted, but instead of home comforts, the 29-year-old finds himself in Brisbane, Australia to face mandatory contender and local favourite Liam Paro on Wednesday.

With Paddy Donovan – whom Crocker had edged in their rematch to claim the title last year to improve to 22 wins from as many contests – withdrawing from a final eliminator against Paro [27-1] in January, the former IBF light-welterweight champion was elevated to mandatory challenger.

Australian promoter No Limit would win the purse bid, edging out Crocker’s promoter Matchroom by $27,000 (£20,000), handing Paro the opportunity to win a world title in his native Queensland.

Roles are somewhat reversed this time, as Paro won his first world title in the 10st division by upsetting the odds in June 2024 against Puerto Rico’s Subriel Matias in enemy territory, before returning to the island to be out-pointed by USA’s Richardson Hitchens six months later.

This time, it’s Crocker, 29, who makes the long trip for his maiden defence with Paro enjoying the home support at Brisbane’s Pat Rafter Centre, but the Belfast man has adopted a philosophical view.

Despite having won the first fight against Donovan by disqualification, he entered the ring at Windsor Park as an underdog – a role he is keen to play this week to put the pressure on the challenger who appears almost confused by this approach.

“Paro is the odds-on favourite here and everyone is coming to see him,” Crocker said.

“I went through that the last time, so it takes a bit of ease off my mind and I’m prepared.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Gianni Infantino: Fifa’s Kevin Lamour sacking ‘deeply troubling’ – Uefa executive Laura McAllister

Man found dead at Charlton Athletic football ground

Football: Serie A striker Yael Trepy out of coma after pool rescue

Football gossip: Kane, Watkins, Gonzalez, Methalie, Loftus-Cheek, Alvarez, Palacios, Zabarnyi, Jones, Cozier-Duberry, Kent

Rider dies after Manx Grand Prix qualifying crash

Super League: Hull KR 28-34 Warrington Wolves

Jamal Musiala collapses during Bayern Munich match for second time in four-day period

Aaron Wan-Bissaka: Aston Villa agree deal to sign West Ham defender

Rodri joins Barcelona from Man City in £65m deal

Editors Picks

Thames Water orders Britons to take ‘shorter showers’ as stocks dwindle amid drought and heatwave

19 August 2026

Deaf patient given wrong jab due to sign language error, report says | UK News

19 August 2026

Man found dead at Charlton Athletic football ground

19 August 2026

Iconic Blackpool pier REFUSED planning permission for new fairground rides

19 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

How one man gets new laws passed – again and again | UK News

19 August 2026

Football: Serie A striker Yael Trepy out of coma after pool rescue

19 August 2026

Fire rips through London recycling centre for second time this summer as black smoke fills skyline

19 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.