British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Football gossip: Kane, Watkins, Gonzalez, Methalie, Loftus-Cheek, Alvarez, Palacios, Zabarnyi, Jones, Cozier-Duberry, Kent

19 August 2026

England’s friendliest place revealed as London borough named as country’s least friendly

19 August 2026

Nigel Farage faces fresh by-election test as Labour and Reform face off in four contests

19 August 2026

Queen Camilla opens up on ‘difficult’ days after finding out King Charles had been diagnosed with cancer

19 August 2026

Wroxham mausoleum with Trafford Park link get listed status upgrade | Manchester News

19 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Rider dies after Manx Grand Prix qualifying crash
Sports

Rider dies after Manx Grand Prix qualifying crash

By britishbulletin.com18 August 20262 Mins Read
Rider dies after Manx Grand Prix qualifying crash
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A competitor has died following a crash involving two riders during qualifying for the Manx Grand Prix on the Isle of Man.

The session was red-flagged at about 18:50 BST following the incident at Cruickshanks, in Ramsey, on the opening lap of Tuesday evening’s session.

Organisers said the other competitor involved had suffered minor injuries and was being treated at the island’s main hospital, Noble’s. The riders have not been named.

The road between Ramsey Bus Station and Lheaney Road in Ramsey remained closed for more than three hours after the crash.

In a statement, organisers said: “It’s with profound sadness that the Manx Grand Prix Races confirms that one competitor sustained fatal injuries.

“In accordance with the event’s standard operating procedures, a multi-agency investigative process is now underway.

“Our thoughts are with the competitors, family and friends of those involved, who have asked for privacy at this time.”

Tuesday marked the second day of qualifying for the 2026 Manx Grand Prix (MGP) and Classic TT following the cancellation of Monday’s sessions because of rain showers.

Sunday’s opening session was cut short following a red-flag incident that saw Italian rider Salvatore Sallustro taken to hospital for treatment and a later deterioration of the weather.

Qualifying for the MGP, which runs in parallel with the Classic TT on the 37.7 mile (61km) Mountain Course, is scheduled to take place daily until Saturday, followed by racing in the two events until 28 August.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Football gossip: Kane, Watkins, Gonzalez, Methalie, Loftus-Cheek, Alvarez, Palacios, Zabarnyi, Jones, Cozier-Duberry, Kent

Super League: Hull KR 28-34 Warrington Wolves

Jamal Musiala collapses during Bayern Munich match for second time in four-day period

Aaron Wan-Bissaka: Aston Villa agree deal to sign West Ham defender

Rodri joins Barcelona from Man City in £65m deal

US Open 2026: Venus Williams, 46, given singles wildcard along with Sloane Stephens and Stan Wawrinka

Fin Tarling death shows risks in races – Jonathan Vaughters

Joe Hart on Man City, Arsenal’s title defence and Chelsea’s hopes

Football Predictions: Play Match of the Day predictor game

Editors Picks

England’s friendliest place revealed as London borough named as country’s least friendly

19 August 2026

Nigel Farage faces fresh by-election test as Labour and Reform face off in four contests

19 August 2026

Queen Camilla opens up on ‘difficult’ days after finding out King Charles had been diagnosed with cancer

19 August 2026

Wroxham mausoleum with Trafford Park link get listed status upgrade | Manchester News

19 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Newspaper headlines: ‘Look at my husband’ and ‘Vlad plots revenge’ | UK News

19 August 2026

Rider dies after Manx Grand Prix qualifying crash

18 August 2026

Murder investigation launched after woman killed in mass stabbing near historic market

18 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.