British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

England vs Pakistan: Joe Root says it would be “nice to have a choice” over Ashes venues after Headingley snub

21 August 2026

Migrant crisis: Labour’s ‘disgusting’ asylum seeker rape guidance blasted by Tory MP

21 August 2026

Doria Ragland to stay in United States amid Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s move

21 August 2026

Kemi Badenoch blasts Labour for dithering over huge North Sea gas field

21 August 2026

Kane Taylor: Rochdale sign Aston Villa midfielder on loan | Manchester News

21 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » US Open 2026: Jannik Sinner withdraws from Flushing Meadows event with a knee injury
Sports

US Open 2026: Jannik Sinner withdraws from Flushing Meadows event with a knee injury

By britishbulletin.com21 August 20262 Mins Read
US Open 2026: Jannik Sinner withdraws from Flushing Meadows event with a knee injury
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Sinner claimed the second Grand Slam title of his career when he won the US Open in 2024 and reached the New York final again last year when he was beaten by Alcaraz.

Sinner and Alcaraz produced a clean sweep of the Grand Slam titles in 2024 and 2025, winning four majors apiece in a duopoly which has morphed into a generational duel.

However, the pair’s rivalry has been unable to reach the same heights and intensity.

Sinner’s withdrawal means the pair have not both been present at the past three Grand Slams, with Alcaraz’s wrist problem forcing him out of the French Open and Wimbledon.

At the season-opening Australian Open, Sinner’s shock loss to an inspired Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals stopped a fourth Grand Slam final in a row between him and the 23-year-old Alcaraz.

Three of last year’s four major finals were contested by Sinner and Alcaraz, as well as the end-of-season ATP Finals, which served to underline how far clear they were of their rivals in the men’s game.

This year, the pair have gone head-to-head only once.

Sinner beat Alcaraz in April’s Monte Carlo final which ensured the Italian reclaimed the top spot in the world rankings – a place which he has not looked like relinquishing since.

In his absence, Germany’s Zverev will be the top seed at Flushing Meadows, ahead of Alcaraz and Canadian third seed Felix Auger-Aliassime.

The US Open singles main draws start on Sunday 30 August.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

England vs Pakistan: Joe Root says it would be “nice to have a choice” over Ashes venues after Headingley snub

Liverpool transfer news: £60m Yankuba Minteh bid rejected by Brighton

Alun Wyn Jones: Former Wales captain returns to Ospreys as board member

World Cup 2026: Argentina’s Paredes banned for 10 games over World Cup final clashes

Kate Cross: Former England bowler to retire at end of summer

Ryan Carr: Castleford Tigers head coach leaves for ‘personal reasons’

England v Pakistan First Test: Jamie Smith and Josh Tongue depart as England bowled out for 409

Chelsea news: Joao Pedro set to sign new contract to 2032 with option of two further years

Five things in EFL: West Ham, Lincoln, Blackburn, Bromley, York City

Editors Picks

Migrant crisis: Labour’s ‘disgusting’ asylum seeker rape guidance blasted by Tory MP

21 August 2026

Doria Ragland to stay in United States amid Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s move

21 August 2026

Kemi Badenoch blasts Labour for dithering over huge North Sea gas field

21 August 2026

Kane Taylor: Rochdale sign Aston Villa midfielder on loan | Manchester News

21 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Meghan Markle in talks with Guy Ritchie as Netflix role emerges

21 August 2026

Meghan in talks for role in Netflix series The Gentlemen, BBC understands | UK News

21 August 2026

Liverpool transfer news: £60m Yankuba Minteh bid rejected by Brighton

21 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.