British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Challenge Cup final: Ulster have to ‘fight with everything’ against Montpellier

21 May 2026

Five people arrested on suspicion of local election fraud offences

21 May 2026

Sadiq Khan BLOCKS £50m Met Police deal with AI software firm

21 May 2026

Prince William congratulates Aston Villa again but fans quick to correct one major error

21 May 2026

Fury as inspector blocks 867-home development over fears it would harm Peckham’s historic character

21 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Shona Manderson speaks out on cruel backlash after Married at First Sight allegations: ‘The point is consent’
Entertainment

Shona Manderson speaks out on cruel backlash after Married at First Sight allegations: ‘The point is consent’

By britishbulletin.com21 May 20264 Mins Read
Shona Manderson speaks out on cruel backlash after Married at First Sight allegations: ‘The point is consent’
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Shona Manderson has revealed she is facing “blame” and “judgement” after speaking publicly about the sexual misconduct allegations she made against her former on-screen husband on Married At First Sight UK.

The reality star shared an emotional video with her Instagram followers after appearing in the explosive Panorama documentary The Dark Side of Married At First Sight, which aired earlier this week.


The programme featured allegations from three former brides, including Ms Manderson, who accused their on-screen husbands of sexual misconduct during filming. All three men deny the allegations.

Ms Manderson, who appeared on the 2023 series of the Channel 4 dating experiment, claimed she had become increasingly alarmed by online reactions questioning her account.

Shona Manderson shared the emotional video with her Instagram followers on Thursday

|

INSTAGRAM

In the video, she insisted the central issue was consent.

“I am seeing a lot of blame and a lot of judgment around one part of my story, and it is not okay,” she told followers.

“I feel like the point has been missed completely, and the point is consent.”

Ms Manderson previously alleged in the Panorama documentary that her on-screen husband, Bradley Skelly, ejaculated inside her during consensual sex without permission after the pair had agreed to use the pull-out method of contraception.

Three women have accused their ‘on-screen husbands’ of sexual assault

Mr Skelly has denied all allegations of sexual misconduct and controlling behaviour.

His lawyers said in a statement: “Bradley Skelly says he understood Shona had consented that night. He categorically denies any allegations of sexual misconduct or that he was controlling. He says their relationship was based on mutual consent, care and affection.”

Ms Manderson explained in her latest Instagram video that much of the criticism directed towards her on social media had focused on pregnancy, contraception and why she remained in the relationship afterwards.

“It made me feel out of control of my own body and I have seen so many comments about pregnancy, contraception,” she said.

“Why did you stay? Why did you leave? Why are you really just speaking up now? And this was never the point.

“The point was consent.”

Ms Manderson added that she felt compelled to address the reaction publicly because she feared many people genuinely failed to understand why the alleged behaviour was wrong.

In the caption accompanying the video, she wrote: “I’ve also seen a lot of blame and judgment around one part of my story, and I felt it was important to address, because what worries me most is how many people genuinely don’t see an issue with it.”

Shona Manderson spoke on the BBC Panorama episode | BBC

“If we don’t recognise these things as not being okay, it worries me for people experiencing similar situations and for people coming forward and speaking up.”

She added that she remained glad she had shared her experiences publicly because “these conversations matter so much”.

The latest comments come as the fallout surrounding Married At First Sight UK continues to intensify following the Panorama investigation.

Two anonymous former contestants alleged in the documentary that they were raped by their on-screen husbands during filming.

MAFS aired on Channel 4’s E4 | REUTERS

One woman also claimed she was threatened with an acid attack.

The controversy has prompted mounting political and regulatory pressure on Channel 4.

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport warned there “must be consequences for criminality or wrongdoing”, while the Metropolitan Police urged anyone who may have experienced abuse linked to the programme to come forward.

Channel 4 has since removed all previous seasons of Married At First Sight UK from its streaming platforms and commissioned an external review into contributor welfare.

Chief executive Priya Dogra said she was “deeply sorry” for the distress experienced by contributors, but insisted the broadcaster believed “prompt and appropriate action was taken” when concerns were raised at the time.

Lawyers representing CPL Productions, the company behind the series, said its welfare systems were “gold standard” and maintained appropriate action had been taken in all reported cases.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Prince William congratulates Aston Villa again but fans quick to correct one major error

BBC EastEnders star dies at 79 as tributes flood in for ‘wonderful man’

Minister admits Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was handed trade envoy role ‘without vetting’

Anti-monarchy group demands major royal transparency overhaul after Andrew files released

Duncan Bannatyne withdraws Andy Burnham support as BBC Dragons’ Den star rips into politician’s trans views

Downing Street issues statement after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor files released

Kelsey Parker holds back tears as she claims to being treated ‘like a criminal’ after stillbirth of son: ‘I pleaded!’

Residents in Scottish town refuse to rename street honouring Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Loose Women’s Kelle Bryan issues health update after severe decade-long complications and memory loss

Editors Picks

Five people arrested on suspicion of local election fraud offences

21 May 2026

Sadiq Khan BLOCKS £50m Met Police deal with AI software firm

21 May 2026

Prince William congratulates Aston Villa again but fans quick to correct one major error

21 May 2026

Fury as inspector blocks 867-home development over fears it would harm Peckham’s historic character

21 May 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

BBC EastEnders star dies at 79 as tributes flood in for ‘wonderful man’

21 May 2026

Labour faces fresh pressure to support 2030 petrol and diesel car ban as ‘obstacles’ impact targets

21 May 2026

Arsenal win Premier League: Mikel Arteta says crying son told him of title victory

21 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.