British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Fin Tarling death shows risks in races – Jonathan Vaughters

18 August 2026

Labour donor Dale Vince explains U-turn on North Sea oil and gas

18 August 2026

Zara and Mike Tindall and Peter and Harriet Phillips arrive at Balmoral for summer break

18 August 2026

Keith Richards, 82, welcomes eighth grandchild as Rolling Stones star’s daughter reveals secret baby

18 August 2026

McDonald’s UK brings back £2.99 breakfast sharebox due to popular demand

18 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Wimbledon 2026: Jannik Sinner seeks to resume dominance after French Open shock
Sports

Wimbledon 2026: Jannik Sinner seeks to resume dominance after French Open shock

By britishbulletin.com27 June 20262 Mins Read
Wimbledon 2026: Jannik Sinner seeks to resume dominance after French Open shock
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

For the past two years, Jannik Sinner and Carlos Alcaraz have stood a class above the rest at the top of men’s tennis.

And so, once his rival and good friend succumbed to a wrist injury in April, world number one Sinner appeared almost entirely untouchable.

But Sinner would fall victim to one of the biggest shocks at a major in recent years at the French Open, exiting in the second round despite leading Argentine Juan Manuel Cerundolo by two sets and 5-1 in the third.

That collapse ended a 30-match winning streak for the Italian, as well as his bid to become the second-youngest man to complete the career Grand Slam – winning all four major titles – after Alcaraz achieved that in Australia in January.

Sinner said he did not believe the stifling Paris heat that day was to blame but, after appearing to physically shut down in that match at Roland Garros one month ago, the 24-year-old has been pictured wearing an ice vest while training in hot temperatures at Wimbledon.

Speaking on Saturday, two days before he starts his title defence at the All England Club against Miomir Kecmanovic, Sinner said results from a series of health tests he had after the French Open were “very good”, but added there would not be an instant solution to avoiding future problems.

“You cannot simulate 100% what you feel in a match because of tension [and] everything going around before and after match,” he said.

“We did some changes, not big changes. But I always believe in small details and small changes.

“We are happy at the moment with what we are doing. The result we’re not going to see here. It’s a long process. There’s no magic behind [it].”

Despite the manner of his loss in Paris, and not competing since, Sinner will begin as the overwhelming favourite to win Wimbledon again, having overpowered Alcaraz in four sets in the final last year.

While he undoubtedly has the ability, he has also proven he has the mentality to respond to his unexpected setback.

His childhood coach, Andreas Schonegger, told BBC Sport: “At the end of every lesson, first he didn’t want to stop, he wanted to continue.

“He tells me OK now, I wait for my Dad, but I continue one hour more, I want to play one more hour. [At] four years [old], that’s an incredible mind, incredible.

“It is not normal for children this age.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Fin Tarling death shows risks in races – Jonathan Vaughters

Joe Hart on Man City, Arsenal’s title defence and Chelsea’s hopes

Football Predictions: Play Match of the Day predictor game

Hockey World Cup: Ireland women’s hopes alive after win over New Zealand

Premier Sports Cup quarter-finals: Rangers host Celtic on 13 September

Rubin Colwill: Cardiff City have a lot room for growth says Derby goalscoring hero

Premier League to publish verdicts on referee and VAR decisions

David Warner: Former Australia batter convicted and fined for drink-driving

Newcastle: Club sign Amar Dedic from Benfica for around £30m

Editors Picks

Labour donor Dale Vince explains U-turn on North Sea oil and gas

18 August 2026

Zara and Mike Tindall and Peter and Harriet Phillips arrive at Balmoral for summer break

18 August 2026

Keith Richards, 82, welcomes eighth grandchild as Rolling Stones star’s daughter reveals secret baby

18 August 2026

McDonald’s UK brings back £2.99 breakfast sharebox due to popular demand

18 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Glan Clwyd hospital nurse ‘panicked’ after finding man unresponsive, inquest hears | UK News

18 August 2026

Joe Hart on Man City, Arsenal’s title defence and Chelsea’s hopes

18 August 2026

Nigel Farage to defeat ‘desperate Tory-Labour pact’ in second Clacton by-election, data suggests

18 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.