British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Newcastle: Club sign Amar Dedic from Benfica for around £30m

18 August 2026

Man charged with manslaughter over dog bite death

18 August 2026

Andy Burnham’s £65million support package branded a ‘drop in the ocean’ as farmers face ‘grim’ outlook ‘until the spring’

18 August 2026

Andy Burnham set to block water companies from introducing surge pricing

18 August 2026

BBC EastEnders icon ‘can’t wait’ as character to soap after 17 years: ‘I’m home’

18 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Vitor Pereira: Nottingham Forest confirm manager’s departure as Oliver Glasner poised for job
Sports

Vitor Pereira: Nottingham Forest confirm manager’s departure as Oliver Glasner poised for job

By britishbulletin.com2 July 20263 Mins Read
Vitor Pereira: Nottingham Forest confirm manager’s departure as Oliver Glasner poised for job
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Vitor Pereira has left Nottingham Forest with the club poised to appoint former Crystal Palace boss Oliver Glasner as his successor.

BBC Sport understands a deal to appoint the 51-year-old is virtually done with just the formalities left to complete.

Contact with Glasner, who left the role as Palace manager at the end of last season, was first initiated earlier this summer.

The Austrian, who led Palace to the Europa Conference League title last season following their FA Cup success in 2025, will become Forest’s fifth manager in fewer than 12 months.

The club confirmed Pereira’s departure on Thursday evening, with staff members Filipe Almeida, Luis Miguel, Bruno Moura, Marco Knoop and Pedro Lopes also leaving.

Forest said in a statement: “We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Vitor and his team for their hard work and commitment throughout their me at the club.

“Everyone at Nottingham Forest is grateful for their considerable efforts and for the relationships they forged with our players, staff and supporters.

“We thank them all for their service and wish them every success in the next stage of their careers.”

It is understood Pereira was informed of the decision to part company late on Tuesday, with Forest activating a break clause in the contract – a move which blindsided the former Wolves boss.

He said in a statement to BBC Sport: “Although this decision came as a complete surprise to me and without any warning, I fully respect the club’s right to make the decisions it believes are best for its future.

“Naturally, I am disappointed and saddened. I truly believed in what we were building together, and I leave with a sense of pride in everything we achieved over the past months.

“Together, we enjoyed a memorable end to the season. We secured the club’s Premier League status, reached the semi-finals of the Europa League, and created moments that will stay with me forever.

“Most importantly, I saw a group of players grow in confidence, belief and togetherness. Watching them develop, fight for one another and represent this club with passion has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my career.

“I leave Nottingham Forest with no bitterness or resentment – only respect, gratitude and wonderful memories.

“Football is full of unexpected moments, and while this chapter has ended sooner than I expected, I will always look back on my time here with pride and affection.

“This is a special club, and I sincerely hope it continues to grow and achieve great things.”

Pereira had a year left on his deal at the City Ground and recently attended a meeting in London to finalise transfer plans.

He had already planned pre-season in Portugal and Forest were due to play friendlies against Blackburn, Vitoria Guimaraes, Sporting Lisbon, Bayer Leverkusen, Barcelona and Udinese over the summer.

The club rubber-stamped a tournament with Udinese and Barcelona earlier this week.

Contract talks with Pereira were paused last month although, at the time, he was committed to resuming discussions later in the year.

Pereira was appointed in February as Forest’s fourth manager of the season when he replaced Sean Dyche.

He guided them to 16th in the Premier League and to the Europa League semi-finals, where they lost to eventual winners Aston Villa.

It was the first time Forest had reached a European semi final since 1984, while Forest’s 5-0 win at Sunderland was their biggest away victory in the top flight since 1995.

Nuno Espirito Santo and Ange Postecoglou were also sacked by Forest last season, with Dyche lasting 114 days before being replaced by Pereira.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Newcastle: Club sign Amar Dedic from Benfica for around £30m

Andrew Benson’s F1 Q&A: What’s going on at Cadillac and Haas? – F1 Q&A

Premier League 2026-27: Players to watch in the new season

Wrexham: Phil Parkinson frustrated after Cardiff City draw

Jack Whaley: Emotional golfer credits dad for US Amateur glory

Chelsea: Co-owners Todd Boehly and Mark Walter explore selling stakes in club

Football Daily – MNC: Premier League Preview

Mike Bailey: Former Wolves captain dies aged 84

Pep Guardiola documentary: Kyle Walker fallout revealed in intense scenes

Editors Picks

Man charged with manslaughter over dog bite death

18 August 2026

Andy Burnham’s £65million support package branded a ‘drop in the ocean’ as farmers face ‘grim’ outlook ‘until the spring’

18 August 2026

Andy Burnham set to block water companies from introducing surge pricing

18 August 2026

BBC EastEnders icon ‘can’t wait’ as character to soap after 17 years: ‘I’m home’

18 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

South East Water says supplies restored to about 7,400 Kent properties | UK News

18 August 2026

Andrew Benson’s F1 Q&A: What’s going on at Cadillac and Haas? – F1 Q&A

18 August 2026

UK unemployment sits at 4.9 per cent as Britain’s jobs market stagnates

18 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.