British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Arsenal win Premier League: Key moments in Gunners’ title-winning season

19 May 2026

‘It’s okay to defend your culture!’

19 May 2026

Larry the Cat relaxes in the sun on Downing Street

19 May 2026

Princess Anne told to ‘slow down’ by veteran, 100, at Buckingham Palace garden party

19 May 2026

Rylan Clark issues statement after BBC Strictly snub as new presenters finally confirmed: ‘Taking it well’

19 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Rylan Clark issues statement after BBC Strictly snub as new presenters finally confirmed: ‘Taking it well’
Entertainment

Rylan Clark issues statement after BBC Strictly snub as new presenters finally confirmed: ‘Taking it well’

By britishbulletin.com19 May 20263 Mins Read
Rylan Clark issues statement after BBC Strictly snub as new presenters finally confirmed: ‘Taking it well’
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Rylan Clark has broken his silence after confirming he’d been in the running for the role of BBC Strictly host after Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly’s replacements were finally confirmed on Tuesday.

The BBC revealed after months of speculation that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe will jointly host the programme from this autumn.


Mr Clark was speculated to have been among those who were considered for the gig, and confirmed he was among the candidates considered following today’s announcement.

The 37-year-old television personality, who previously presented spin-off series It Takes Two, took to Instagram this afternoon to address the news directly.

Johannes Radebe, Emma Willis and Josh Widdicombe have been confirmed as the new Strictly presenters

|

BBC

He penned: “Just wanted to say as it was reported I was in ‘The Race’ for Strictly, the biggest congrats to my Emma and equal congrats to Johannes and Josh.

“You’re all going to have the best time. Made up for you’s.” (sic)

He continued: “This wasn’t my time sadly but am extremely grateful to even have been considered.

“I’m taking the news really well (see next slide) but genuinely looking forward to the new series with you three x.”

On the next slide, Mr Clark posted the hilarious moment from his X Factor appearance in 2012, in which he broke down in tears and hysterically sobbed.

The BBC has confirmed that Zoe Ball and Angela Scanlon were also shortlisted alongside Clark.

The trio’s appointment marks a significant shift for the flagship BBC One programme, with three presenters taking the helm for the first time in the show’s history.

Ms Willis, 50, described herself as a devoted viewer of the series.

Rylan Clark posted his response to the Strictly news

| GETTY

“To be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I can’t quite comprehend,” she said, acknowledging that replacing Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman presented an impossible task.

Mr Widdicombe, 43, referenced his appearance in the 2024 Christmas Special, where he performed the Charleston in a penguin costume. He described the new role as “the biggest shoes in television.”

Dancer Mr Radebe, 39, expressed that returning to the programme in a presenting capacity exceeded his expectations.

“This show has always stood for joy, heart, and togetherness,” the professional dancer said.

The BBC Strictly finale marked Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly’s last show in the 2025 series

| BBC

Responding to Mr Clark’s post, Ms Willis wrote beneath his post: “I love you,” and a laughing emoji.

The pair share a lengthy professional history, having worked together on Big Brother during its Channel 5 era from 2013 to 2018.

They have also frequently co-hosted ITV’s This Morning, with Clark often referring to Willis as his “TV wife.”

Beneath his post, Clark urged followers to recognise his “genuine happiness for the three of them.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Princess Anne told to ‘slow down’ by veteran, 100, at Buckingham Palace garden party

Prince William heading to Istanbul to support Aston Villa in European final

Tess Daly makes feelings clear on new BBC Strictly presenters as she breaks silence on replacements

Prince and Princess of Wales award staff member with special honour

Police appeal for victims from Married at First Sight to come forward following sexual assault allegations

King Charles and Queen Camilla greet Northern Irish First Minister and Deputy

JK Rowling slams Police Scotland following Netflix true crime documentary: ‘Unbelievable!’

BBC Strictly finally confirms three new hosts following Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly exits

Prince William bestows honour on Luke Littler as a host of stars receive recognition at Windsor Castle

Editors Picks

‘It’s okay to defend your culture!’

19 May 2026

Larry the Cat relaxes in the sun on Downing Street

19 May 2026

Princess Anne told to ‘slow down’ by veteran, 100, at Buckingham Palace garden party

19 May 2026

Rylan Clark issues statement after BBC Strictly snub as new presenters finally confirmed: ‘Taking it well’

19 May 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Football gossip: Bowen, Alvarez, Maresca, Silva, Dybala, Valverde

19 May 2026

England squad: Ella Toone returns for Women’s World Cup qualifiers against Spain and Ukraine | Manchester News

19 May 2026

Mystery Briton comes forward to claim life-changing jackpot

19 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.