British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Tour of Britain Women: World’s best riders set for Welsh roads

21 August 2026

Hosepipe ban could be in place until end of the year for more than 10 million Britons despite rain and thunderstorms

21 August 2026

Newspaper headlines: ‘King puts William first’ and Harry security could cost public ‘£5m a year’ | UK News

21 August 2026

Taylor Harwood-Bellis: Aston Villa £18m bid rejected by Southampton

21 August 2026

World’s oldest person celebrates extraordinary 117th birthday and thanks Britain for ‘lovely’ wishes

21 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Republic of Ireland v Israel: Jamie McGrath expects controversy to ‘heat up’ after Qatar game disrupted
Sports

Republic of Ireland v Israel: Jamie McGrath expects controversy to ‘heat up’ after Qatar game disrupted

By britishbulletin.com29 May 20262 Mins Read
Republic of Ireland v Israel: Jamie McGrath expects controversy to ‘heat up’ after Qatar game disrupted
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Republic of Ireland midfielder Jamie McGrath says he expects the controversy surrounding the side’s upcoming Israel fixtures to “heat up” after Thursday’s friendly win over Qatar was disrupted.

The Aviva Stadium game – which the Republic of Ireland won 1-0 thanks to Nathan Collins’ early header – was twice briefly interrupted in the first half when home fans threw tennis balls featuring the Palestine flag on to the pitch.

After the game, RTE reported that protesters were ejected from the ground, and McGrath expects more backlash before the Republic of Ireland face Israel in a neutral venue on 27 September and 4 October in Dublin in the Nations League.

Earlier this week, Republic of Ireland stalwart Seamus Coleman said the situation “should have been dealt with above us”.

“I obviously listened to Seamus’ interview and I think he was spot on,” McGrath told BBC Sport NI.

“It’s obviously a unique scenario. The people [protesters], we have to listen to them, they have the right to do what they do, as long as it’s done in a peaceful way, that’s all that matters.

“I’m sure it’s going to heat up over the next few months. Like I said, we don’t want to be put into a position. Hopefully the powers above us can work something out or use it for the greater good, I’m not sure what the process will be as it heats up.

“At the end of the day, we’re footballers and we don’t want to be caught in this, but sometimes we might have to.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Tour of Britain Women: World’s best riders set for Welsh roads

Taylor Harwood-Bellis: Aston Villa £18m bid rejected by Southampton

England vs Pakistan: Harry Brook has found batting blueprint after captaincy disappointment – Jonathan Agnew

Ronaldinho: Brazil legend in comeback with Italian side Ravenna aged 46

Rangers: Derek McInnes’ side serve up stodgy 12-course banquet of huff and puff

Rory McIlroy: World number two back in form with lead at BMW Championship

Acun Ilicali: Hull owner hits out at pundits over ‘laughable’ criticism

Football gossip: Yildiz, Jackson, Allan, Wharton, Mateta, Martinelli, Dias

England vs Pakistan first Test highlights: Harry Brook helps hosts build lead on day two at Headingley

Editors Picks

Hosepipe ban could be in place until end of the year for more than 10 million Britons despite rain and thunderstorms

21 August 2026

Newspaper headlines: ‘King puts William first’ and Harry security could cost public ‘£5m a year’ | UK News

21 August 2026

Taylor Harwood-Bellis: Aston Villa £18m bid rejected by Southampton

21 August 2026

World’s oldest person celebrates extraordinary 117th birthday and thanks Britain for ‘lovely’ wishes

21 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Sadiq Khan urged to stand down by Londoners as new poll reveals fury at crime in the capital

21 August 2026

The student survivor who shaped UK’s national terrorism memorial day | UK News

21 August 2026

England vs Pakistan: Harry Brook has found batting blueprint after captaincy disappointment – Jonathan Agnew

21 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.