British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Sadiq Khan’s City Hall among authorities recommending ‘pro-open borders’ charity’s asylum toolkit

17 August 2026

Pippa Middleton told to remove car park constructed without planning permission on £15million estate

17 August 2026

‘Gentle giant’ died after medication withdrawn, inquest told | Manchester News

17 August 2026

Does Reform’s plan to cut £50bn in welfare spending add up? | UK News

17 August 2026

Wafcon 2026: Things we learned from finals in Morocco as Cameroon crowned champions

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Republic of Ireland v Israel: FAI to continue with Israel games
Sports

Republic of Ireland v Israel: FAI to continue with Israel games

By britishbulletin.com8 July 20263 Mins Read
Republic of Ireland v Israel: FAI to continue with Israel games
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Football Association of Ireland’s (FAI) General Assembly has endorsed a motion for Republic of Ireland to go ahead with their upcoming Nations League fixtures against Israel.

The motion was passed at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) at the Aviva Stadium on Wednesday, with 75 votes to 32 against by 114 members in attendance with three abstentions.

The motion brought forward by FAI stated: “While acknowledging the strength of feeling regarding support for Palestine and the upcoming Uefa Men’s Nations League fixtures, that the members recognise the profound impact that any non-fulfilment of Uefa fixtures would have on Irish football as a whole and on its future development, and accordingly endorses the Association fulfilling its obligations in respect of those fixtures.”

The EGM was triggered when more than 10% of the FAI’s members opposed playing the Nations League games, but the outcome of the meeting is non-binding on the FAI executive.

In a statement on Wednesday, the FAI said the passing of the motion “provides the FAI board with the support to continue making decisions in the interest of Irish football”.

“The association understands and respects the views expressed by its members, as well as players and staff, supporters, campaigners, members of the public and the Irish footballing community in relation to the 2026-27 Uefa Nations League fixtures between Ireland and Israel,” the statement continued.

“The association will continue to liaise with various stakeholders and support the Ireland squad for its upcoming Uefa Nations League campaign.”

The FAI previously said that boycotting autumn’s games against Israel would cause “significant and lasting harm” to Irish football as well as leading to a potential loss of 10.3m euros (£9m).

Following the Nations League draw in February, the FAI confirmed it would fulfil the fixtures, with chief executive David Courell saying the governing body had “no choice” and could face “serious consequences” if it pulled out of the games.

There has been rising pressure in the Republic of Ireland to boycott the games.

There were protesters outside the Aviva on Wednesday as the EGM was taking place, while protests also took place outside the Dail (Irish parliament) earlier this year.

May’s friendly with Qatar was twice disrupted when tennis balls featuring the Palestine flag were thrown onto the pitch.

A ‘Stop the Game’ campaign has also been launched by the group Irish Sport for Palestine.

Both games against Israel later this year are scheduled to be played at neutral venues.

Debrecen in Hungary is to host Israel’s home game on 27 October while Republic of Ireland’s home match is to be played behind closed doors in Backa Topola, Serbia on 4 October after Uefa approved a request from the FAI due to “operational issues” in staging the game in Dublin.

The Israeli military launched a campaign in Gaza in response to the unprecedented Hamas-led attack on southern Israel on 7 October 2023, in which about 1,200 people were killed and 251 were taken hostage.

At least 73,035 people have been killed in Israeli attacks in Gaza since then, including more than 21,280 children, according to the territory’s Hamas-run health ministry, whose figures are seen as reliable by the UN.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Wafcon 2026: Things we learned from finals in Morocco as Cameroon crowned champions

Coventry City transfer news: Taiwo Awoniyi signs from Nottingham Forest for £9m

Amy Hunt reveals surprising food she ate straight after winning historic fourth gold medal

England v Pakistan Test series: Jordan Cox on Virat Kohli advice

Trevoh Chalobah: From Chelsea ‘bomb squad’ to new chapter at Como

Gianni Infantino: Scottish FA withdraws support for Fifa president

Cycling: Jonas Vingegaard ruled out for rest of season with injury

Charlie Dean: All-rounder to captain England in one-day international series against Ireland

Ayyoub Bouaddi transfer news: Manchester City in advanced talks for midfielder

Editors Picks

Pippa Middleton told to remove car park constructed without planning permission on £15million estate

17 August 2026

‘Gentle giant’ died after medication withdrawn, inquest told | Manchester News

17 August 2026

Does Reform’s plan to cut £50bn in welfare spending add up? | UK News

17 August 2026

Wafcon 2026: Things we learned from finals in Morocco as Cameroon crowned champions

17 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

National Lottery winner scoops £300,000 on scratchcard — and treats herself to new towels

17 August 2026

All homes built near railway stations to be given ‘default yes’ under Angela Rayner’s new plan

17 August 2026

Europe’s oldest monarch admitted to hospital after medical examination

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.