British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Francesca Hennessy in talks to fight undisputed bantamweight champion Dina Thorslund

20 August 2026

Sunken royal ship carrying MILLIONS in lost treasure finally found after vanishing in storm nearly 400 years ago

20 August 2026

Reform UK’s Scotland leader Malcolm Offord reveals cancer diagnosis

20 August 2026

The areas the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could choose for their new home

20 August 2026

Store closures update: Shoe retailer Wynsors to shut 17 shops in high street blow

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Prince Harry and Meghan’s UK security a private matter, Burnham says | UK News
News

Prince Harry and Meghan’s UK security a private matter, Burnham says | UK News

By britishbulletin.com20 August 20263 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Security for the couple has long been a point of tension, with Prince Harry losing a legal challenge last year over how much he and his family were entitled to when visiting the UK.

Now that they are moving back to the UK, Ravec will have to make a new decision on their security as previous arrangements were based on them not living here permanently.

The Home Office has said the UK’s protective security system was rigorous and proportionate, but “it is our long-standing policy not to provide detailed information on those arrangements, as doing so could compromise their integrity and affect individuals’ security.”

The Sussexes left the UK and stepped back from their royal duties in early 2020, before they settled in California.

There is no suggestion that the Sussexes are going to become full-time working royals again, so they may not qualify for the levels of security Prince Harry had before he and his wife left the UK six years ago.

But the couple will be high-profile public figures, with close links to the King and Prince Harry’s military service in Afghanistan also remains an important consideration.

It remains to be seen whether Prince Harry will get the taxpayer-funded security that he has always asked for since stepping down as a working royal.

If he does not get it, he would have to top up any security he might be given out of his own pocket.

The couple visited the King and Queen Camilla last month in the UK.

It was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years, and the couple’s first visit to the UK together since 2022.

Last year, Prince Harry lost a legal challenge in which he sought to overturn a decision that had downgraded his security after his move to the US.

At the time, he told the that he “can’t see a world” in which he would bring his family to the UK due to the downgrading of his protection.

Royal expert Robert Hardman told the ‘s Radio 4 Today programme it was likely that some of their past security issues “have been resolved” but details – or who is going to foot the bill – are still unknown.

Prince Harry and Meghan’s children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled at a British school from September.

King Charles was told of their move back to the UK on Sunday.

In the US, the Sussexes have employed a private security team to protect them.

They offered no comment when asked by the whether that team would be moving to the UK with them.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Sunken royal ship carrying MILLIONS in lost treasure finally found after vanishing in storm nearly 400 years ago

Reform UK proposes tax rebates for firms to boost apprenticeships | UK News

Police launch investigation after supercars set alight during firebomb attack on Pakistani wedding venue

Bolton Wanderers: Ruben Rodrigues signs new two-year deal | Manchester News

Green fury after transgender woman appointed to party’s governing body as ‘female representative’

John Swinney defends £45,000 business-class flights to World Cup | UK News

Two foreign nationals in court after six illegal migrants discovered in the back of a lorry

Six men held after Salford raids target heroin and cocaine supply | Manchester News

Stormont: Robbie Butler to be new health minister | UK News

Editors Picks

Sunken royal ship carrying MILLIONS in lost treasure finally found after vanishing in storm nearly 400 years ago

20 August 2026

Reform UK’s Scotland leader Malcolm Offord reveals cancer diagnosis

20 August 2026

The areas the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could choose for their new home

20 August 2026

Store closures update: Shoe retailer Wynsors to shut 17 shops in high street blow

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Trevor Nelson shares ‘very serious’ brain tumour battle as he explains real reason for BBC Radio 2 absence

20 August 2026

People who carry less body fat and more muscle share a daily habit, scientists say

20 August 2026

Reform UK proposes tax rebates for firms to boost apprenticeships | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.