British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Cameron Walker shares new details as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to return to the UK

20 August 2026

Cheadle mental health wards ordered to improve upgraded to ‘good’ | Manchester News

20 August 2026

‘I’d love a normal life, but being a young carer means sacrifices’ | UK News

20 August 2026

World Cup 2026: Racism suffered by England players on X amplified by algorithms – new report

20 August 2026

Swimmers issued warning over toxic algae at London bathing spot

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK | UK News
News

Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK | UK News

By britishbulletin.com20 August 20263 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to move back to the UK, News understands.

As first reported by the Daily Telegraph, external and the Sun,, external Prince Harry and Meghan intend to relocate from the US later this month to a private, non-royal residence outside London.

The couple’s children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled to start at a British school in September.

King Charles was told of the move on Sunday. There are no current plans for either Prince Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working Royals.

The Sussexes and their children visited the King at his Highgrove home in July this year, but it is understood the move was not discussed.

The understands the King was unaware of the move before last weekend but he welcomes the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private and personal capacity.

But there will be no expected change to the official status of Prince Harry and Meghan and they will remain as private individuals.

Prince William and Princess Catherine have also been informed of their plans.

The couple’s move from California comes after they left the UK and royal duties in early 2020.

Family relations had been strained since, with July’s visit to the King and Queen Camilla being a key development in their relationship.

The Palace described the meeting at the King’s private home in Gloucestershire as a “private family occasion”.

It was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years.

Prince Harry and Meghan had not been in the UK together since 2022, when they attended the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.

Security for the couple has long been a point of tension, with the July visit being reconsidered because the duke’s request for police protection was rejected.

Last year, Prince Harry lost a legal challenge over the levels of security he and his family are entitled to while in the UK.

The duke had sought to overturn a decision that had downgraded his security after he stopped being a working royal and moved to the US with the Duchess.

After the announcement of the Sussexes’ intended return, a Home Office spokesperson said decisions on the security of royals were taken by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (Ravec), and the UK government’s protective security system was “rigorous and proportionate”.

Prince Harry had previously said that worries about safety have prevented him from coming to the UK and bringing his wife and children.

During his July visit the duke promoted his Invictus Games for injured service men and women, which will be hosted in Birmingham next year.

The visit was overshadowed by his High Court loss in a privacy case brought against Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.

Prince Harry and several other well-known figures claimed the newspaper group used unlawful methods for getting information for stories, allegations which were strenuously denied by Associated Newspapers.

The duke has complained of press intrusion into his relationship with Meghan and told the court in January: “They’ve made my wife’s life an absolute misery.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Cheadle mental health wards ordered to improve upgraded to ‘good’ | Manchester News

‘I’d love a normal life, but being a young carer means sacrifices’ | UK News

Swimmers issued warning over toxic algae at London bathing spot

Council leader demands transparency over plans for ‘super’ detention centre in town

Funding boost for historic Wigan Royal Court Theatre | Manchester News

Wales GCSE results due amid major changes for pupils | UK News

Bomb squad deployed after suspicious packages sent to Jewish council leader

‘My son’s killers were under supervision but allowed to reoffend’ | UK News

Man, 48, charged with murder after double stabbing

Editors Picks

Cheadle mental health wards ordered to improve upgraded to ‘good’ | Manchester News

20 August 2026

‘I’d love a normal life, but being a young carer means sacrifices’ | UK News

20 August 2026

World Cup 2026: Racism suffered by England players on X amplified by algorithms – new report

20 August 2026

Swimmers issued warning over toxic algae at London bathing spot

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Reform UK issued ‘Frankenstein coalition’ warning amid fears left-wing will unite to stop Nigel Farage

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle to continue lifestyle brand despite shock UK return

20 August 2026

Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.