British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Newcastle: Jaissle on pain which set him on path to club and speaking with Howe

20 August 2026

Green fury after transgender woman appointed to party’s governing body as ‘female representative’

20 August 2026

Reform vows to ‘save Britain from the abyss’ with plan to fix broken apprenticeship system

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s popularity in the UK on downwards slide, polling shows

20 August 2026

High street charity Oxfam warns all shops could close for good

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Peppa Pig owners win copyright battle against YouTube animation Wolfoo | UK News
News

Peppa Pig owners win copyright battle against YouTube animation Wolfoo | UK News

By britishbulletin.com29 July 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

In a ruling this week, the judge said “all videos featuring Wolfoo” must be taken down before 16:00 BST on Monday.

Peppa Pig’s former owner Entertainment One and creators Astley Baker Davies Ltd originally took court action in London in 2022.

They claimed SConnect had attempted “to deceive the young Wolfoo viewership, most aged between two and five, into believing that Wolfoo is the same character as Peppa Pig” or connected to Peppa, the judge wrote.

The companies initially complained about Wolfoo’s appearance and artwork, but focused their legal case on the audio because they believed it would be easier to prove certain sound clips were directly copied.

The evidence of “copying of the audio clips is compelling”, the judge decided.

“That copying was extensive, seemingly endemic at least so far as the English language Wolfoo videos are concerned.”

SConnect said an independent third party contractor had provided sounds from Peppa for use in Wolfoo videos without their knowledge.

They said all infringing videos were removed, and that new Wolfoo animations made after mid-2020 used only voices and sounds that were created in-house.

However, the judge said the fact the sounds were supplied by a third party was “irrelevant”; that while many infringing videos were removed, some were simply moved to other channels; and that the claim that all new sounds were recorded in-house “can be disproved”.

News has asked SConnect for comment.

The judge said clips from Peppa Pig were found in all 92 English-language Wolfoo videos that were examined, and about 75% of the foreign-language videos.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Green fury after transgender woman appointed to party’s governing body as ‘female representative’

John Swinney defends £45,000 business-class flights to World Cup | UK News

Two foreign nationals in court after six illegal migrants discovered in the back of a lorry

Six men held after Salford raids target heroin and cocaine supply | Manchester News

Stormont: Robbie Butler to be new health minister | UK News

Four men charged with multiple counts of rape against three teenage girls

Harry and Meghan: Why are they returning to the UK? | UK News

Councillor who claimed to have had no training sent resignation letter to wrong council

North West NHS trust accused of failing to investigate deaths | Manchester News

Editors Picks

Green fury after transgender woman appointed to party’s governing body as ‘female representative’

20 August 2026

Reform vows to ‘save Britain from the abyss’ with plan to fix broken apprenticeship system

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s popularity in the UK on downwards slide, polling shows

20 August 2026

High street charity Oxfam warns all shops could close for good

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Jeremy Clarkson delivers tongue-in-cheek warning to new The Grand Tour hosts as he makes surprise cameo

20 August 2026

DVSA crackdown sees garage fined £1,600 for ‘illegal vehicle modification’

20 August 2026

John Swinney defends £45,000 business-class flights to World Cup | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.