British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Newcastle: Jaissle on pain which set him on path to club and speaking with Howe

20 August 2026

Green fury after transgender woman appointed to party’s governing body as ‘female representative’

20 August 2026

Reform vows to ‘save Britain from the abyss’ with plan to fix broken apprenticeship system

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s popularity in the UK on downwards slide, polling shows

20 August 2026

High street charity Oxfam warns all shops could close for good

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Monaco Grand Prix: Audi wants turbos to remain part of F1 when new engines introduced in 2030 or 2031
Sports

Monaco Grand Prix: Audi wants turbos to remain part of F1 when new engines introduced in 2030 or 2031

By britishbulletin.com5 June 20263 Mins Read
Monaco Grand Prix: Audi wants turbos to remain part of F1 when new engines introduced in 2030 or 2031
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Mercedes would also prefer for the new engines to be turbocharged but is not as trenchant on the idea as Audi.

Ben Sulayem said in an Instagram post this week that he wants V8s to return because they are “lighter, cheaper, safer and louder”.

His idea is effectively a return to the engine regulations F1 last had in 2013 before turbo hybrid engines made their debut in 2014.

The post said: “V8s are lighter, simpler and more cost-effective, while sustainable fuels mean they can remain aligned with our environmental ambitions. Most importantly, they bring back the unique, visceral sound that fans around the world associate with Formula 1.”

No significant research has been undertaken on the topic of whether audiences do want louder engines to return to F1.

An article on BBC Sport on the topic of F1’s future engines last month contained a poll that received 26,000 responses.

The single biggest vote was for a V8 or V6 turbo engine with 30% hybrid capacity, and there was a clear majority for a turbo engine with significant hybrid capability.

Audi has proposed to the FIA that F1 could use a V8 twin turbo engine with a so-called “hot V”, where the turbos are contained within the two cylinder banks.

This is exactly the engine used in a new hypercar Audi launched on Thursday in Antibes near Monaco. The Nuvolari has a four-litre twin turbo engine with 30% hybrid capacity.

Dollner said: “The Nuvolari has a V8 so we don’t have problems with V8 engines. You have to see that in the overall context. So to just pick one question of a regulation is not really answering the overall question, ‘where do you want to go with the regulation?'”

Asked whether there were any deal breakers with regard to the new rules that could threaten Audi’s participation in F1, Dollner said: “No, not right now. As I think and believe and trust that we will have a good discussion regarding the regulation and we will definitely have sustainable fuels.

“That’s not a topic under discussion and it’s more in some areas a philosophical question, but let’s see what the process brings.”

The FIA has the power to impose engine rules for 2031 because the contracts that bind the teams to F1 and the FIA expire after 2030.

But doing so would risk losing manufacturers at a time when the current hybrid rules – which everyone in the sport accepts are flawed and need refining – have attracted General Motors and Ford as well as Audi, and persuaded Honda to reverse a decision to leave.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Newcastle: Jaissle on pain which set him on path to club and speaking with Howe

Novak Djokovic documentary: Tennis great on being ‘my own biggest doubter’ and childhood that shaped his career

England all-rounder Sam Curran’s hopes of Test recall this summer ended by injury

Tottenham transfer news: Spurs in talks to sign Man City’s Omar Marmoush and Savinho

Barcelona: Hansi Flick faces striking dilemma without an established number nine

Curtis Jones transfer news: Inter Milan close in on £30m deal for Liverpool midfielder

Cincinnati Open: Top seed Aryna Sabalenka stunned by Sara Bejlek in fourth round

Premier League predictions 2026-27: BBC Sport pundits pick their top four

Marcus Rashford reacts to Jamie Carragher shutting down Gary Neville on podcast

Editors Picks

Green fury after transgender woman appointed to party’s governing body as ‘female representative’

20 August 2026

Reform vows to ‘save Britain from the abyss’ with plan to fix broken apprenticeship system

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s popularity in the UK on downwards slide, polling shows

20 August 2026

High street charity Oxfam warns all shops could close for good

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Jeremy Clarkson delivers tongue-in-cheek warning to new The Grand Tour hosts as he makes surprise cameo

20 August 2026

DVSA crackdown sees garage fined £1,600 for ‘illegal vehicle modification’

20 August 2026

John Swinney defends £45,000 business-class flights to World Cup | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.