British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

‘Everything he said is true!’

18 May 2026

King Charles greets Judi Dench and Sir David Beckham as surprise guest steals the show in Chelsea

18 May 2026

Married at First Sight UK brides make serious sexual assault allegations in BBC Panorama investigation

18 May 2026

Manchester City’s Khadija Shaw wins WSL Player of the Season

18 May 2026

Rochdale in talks with veteran Ian Henderson over new deal | Manchester News

18 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Met Police launch investigation after Jewish man ‘attacked by gang while speaking Hebrew on phone’
News

Met Police launch investigation after Jewish man ‘attacked by gang while speaking Hebrew on phone’

By britishbulletin.com18 May 20263 Mins Read
Met Police launch investigation after Jewish man ‘attacked by gang while speaking Hebrew on phone’
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A criminal investigation has been launched after a Jewish man was reportedly “attacked by a gang while speaking Hebrew” in Golders Green.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police have confirmed they were called in the early hours of Monday morning to reports a Jewish man had been assaulted by several men outside a property in the London suburb.


Scotland Yard has confirmed the assault is being treated as an antisemitic hate crime.

No arrests have been made in the incident, a spokesman for the force said.

A Met Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 2.05am on Monday, May 18, following reports that a Jewish man had been assaulted by a number of men outside a property on The Grove, NW11.

“Officers attended within six minutes and spoke to the victim, a man in his 20s, who later attended hospital with injuries to his face and back.

“The assault is being treated as an antisemitic hate crime. No arrests have been made at this stage and police enquiries continue.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 542/18MAY.”

Officers were called to The Grove in the early hours of this morning

|

GOOGLE MAPS

An eyewitness told Jewish News: “While speaking Hebrew, five masked men walking nearby heard him and suddenly began chasing him. They caught him, dragged him across the road and brutally beat him until he was close to losing consciousness. They tore his clothes, threw away his shoes, and shouted abuse at him in Arabic.”

Sarah Sackman, Labour MP for Finchley and Golders Green, said: “The reports of an assault on a Jewish constituent in Golders Green last night are intolerable.

“I understand that the Police are investigating this as a hate crime and I have raised it in a meeting with Met Police Commissioner Mark Rowley today. The Police are appealing for witnesses and I would urge anyone with information to come forward.

“The recent spate of antisemitic attacks and terror have struck fear into the heart of our community and I am pushing for more action at every level.”

Sarah Sackman, Labour Finchley and Golders Green MP said she had been in contact with Sir Mark

|

PA

A spokesman from the Jewish support charity Community Security Trust (CST) said: “This was a violent and appalling attack in the heart of Golders Green.

“The incident is being treated by the Metropolitan Police as an antisemitic hate crime, and we thank them for their swift response.

“CST is providing support to the victim and his family.

“We urge anyone who witnessed what happened, to contact the police and CST immediately. At a time of heightened antisemitism, incidents like this underline the very real dangers facing Jewish communities.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Rochdale in talks with veteran Ian Henderson over new deal | Manchester News

Doncaster magistrate struck woman with car in hospital parking row | UK News

Tiny village braces for 2,000 Civil War re-enactors descending with ‘roaring cannons and thundering cavalry’

Celebrities paint garden gnomes for charity as ban lifts | UK News

County Championship: Worcestershire bat out final day to draw at Lancashire | Manchester News

Swatch launch sparks ‘chaotic’ scenes and store closures | UK News

Former Hamas hostage overcome with emotion as he visits London’s Nova Festival exhibition – ‘It’s taking me back to that day’

Syrian man charged after woman allegedly raped on beach

UK growth forecast upgraded by IMF but ‘risks’ remain | UK News

Editors Picks

King Charles greets Judi Dench and Sir David Beckham as surprise guest steals the show in Chelsea

18 May 2026

Married at First Sight UK brides make serious sexual assault allegations in BBC Panorama investigation

18 May 2026

Manchester City’s Khadija Shaw wins WSL Player of the Season

18 May 2026

Rochdale in talks with veteran Ian Henderson over new deal | Manchester News

18 May 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Met Police launch investigation after Jewish man ‘attacked by gang while speaking Hebrew on phone’

18 May 2026

Andy Burnham makes major EU U-turn after Wes Streeting sparks Brexit battle

18 May 2026

Royal Family sends message first English golfer to win Championship in over 100 years

18 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.