British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Football gossip: Kone, Adarabioyo, Savinho, Marmoush, Kane, Catamo

19 August 2026

Man, 48, charged with murder after double stabbing

19 August 2026

Maajid Nawaz predicts Andy Burnham will RESIGN as Prime Minister by Christmas

19 August 2026

King Charles only told about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle return last weekend

19 August 2026

‘It was hard to adjust after sleeping rough for a year’ | Manchester News

19 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Mercedes ask for right of review of result of Monaco Grand Prix
Sports

Mercedes ask for right of review of result of Monaco Grand Prix

By britishbulletin.com15 June 20262 Mins Read
Mercedes ask for right of review of result of Monaco Grand Prix
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Mercedes have asked governing body the FIA for a right of review of the result of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Mercedes driver George Russell was one of several drivers affected by pit-lane speeding penalties which their teams believe were incorrect.

Alpine have won a right of review case over their driver Pierre Gasly, who had been demoted to seventh place after the race by two five-second penalties for exceeding the pit-lane speed limit.

On Friday, it was announced that Gasly was being returned to third place in the race following a successful appeal by his Alpine team.

The stewards’ verdict revealed an error with measuring the pit-lane speed limit. This affected five drivers in total.

Among them was Russell who was dropped from third place at the time to 12th as he was given a drive-through penalty for failing to properly serve his pit-lane speeding penalty.

This cost Russell 15 points in his title fight with team-mate Kimi Antonelli, who won the race.

The right of review hearing requested by Alpine established that cars could legally drive a shorter distance in the pit lane than officials had used in their calculations.

As the limit is measured by the time it takes for drivers to travel a certain distance, it incorrectly calculated drivers as speeding when in fact none had exceeded the 60km/h limit.

A right of review requires a team to prove there is new evidence that was not considered at the time of the original penalty – which was accepted in Alpine’s case.

Mercedes argue that the pit lane measurement being incorrect as well as the stewards’ decision to overturn the penalty are new evidence.

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff said on Sunday: “We just simply want to sit on the table when decisions are being made.” He said he believed their case was “a long shot”.

In a separate interview, he told Sky Sports: “I’m not sure this is going to hold with the judges but we have to do it for George’s benefit.”

McLaren’s Oscar Piastri, who also received a penalty which demoted him below Gasly, said he was “mind-blown” by the decision in the Frenchman’s case.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Football gossip: Kone, Adarabioyo, Savinho, Marmoush, Kane, Catamo

Rory McIlroy: LIV Golf players have ‘tough road back’ to the PGA Tour

England v Pakistan, First Test, day one Headingley – highlights

‘Missing’ English Commonwealth gold medalist found jailed in Morocco for sexual assault of a minor

Irish Premiership: Cliftonville ‘not a plaything for TIG’ – Conor Devine

England v Pakistan First Test: Salman Ali Agha and Muhammad Rizwan are dismissed in back-to-back balls by Josh Tongue

Jamal Musiala: What is happening to Bayern Munich forward?

Man Utd’s pursuit of Brighton’s Carlos Baleba as a ‘third midfielder’

Smith vs Puello: British world champion eyes homecoming fight in Hillsborough next year

Editors Picks

Man, 48, charged with murder after double stabbing

19 August 2026

Maajid Nawaz predicts Andy Burnham will RESIGN as Prime Minister by Christmas

19 August 2026

King Charles only told about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle return last weekend

19 August 2026

‘It was hard to adjust after sleeping rough for a year’ | Manchester News

19 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Yellowstone creator rules out spin-off series amid fan hopes: ‘Never happening!’

19 August 2026

Conservatives pledge to scrap diesel lorry ban and save taxpayers £877million in net zero U-turn

19 August 2026

Fewer than 1,800 free spaces for male prisons in England and Wales | UK News

19 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.