British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Novak Djokovic documentary: Tennis great on being ‘my own biggest doubter’ and childhood that shaped his career

20 August 2026

Two foreign nationals in court after six illegal migrants discovered in the back of a lorry

20 August 2026

Shabana Mahmood threatens to spread asylum seekers ‘fairly’ across Britain despite national fury

20 August 2026

Andy Burnham washes his hands of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid security issue

20 August 2026

Labour offers millions of pounds to businesses who can crack great Net Zero energy puzzle

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Menai Bridge could close if staff get more abuse, motorists warned | UK News
News

Menai Bridge could close if staff get more abuse, motorists warned | UK News

By britishbulletin.com29 July 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Further abuse towards staff during repairs on a busy bridge could lead to its closure, drivers have been warned.

Workers were withdrawn over safety concerns earlier this week after a confrontation between a member of the public and staff monitoring vehicles using the 200-year-old Menai Bridge, one of two linking Anglesey to the mainland.

A reduced weight limit was put in place after the hangers – which lift the suspension chains and the road – were found to need repairs. Other work is expected to take until 2027 to complete, prompting local frustration.

Highway officials said abuse had become a “common feature” and harassment would now be referred to North Wales Police.

“The latest incident placed the welfare and safety of operatives at risk so the decision was taken to pause operations,” said UK Highways A55 Ltd.

“There have been several incidents where vehicles have ignored the directions of operatives and crossed the bridge regardless.

“An overweight vehicle crossing the Menai Suspension Bridge requires a precautionary check to assess any potential damage.”

Lorries over 7.5 tonnes have had to take a detour since the upgrade work was identified, with checks undertaken and traffic lights installed on the bridge.

One vehicle which crossed on Monday was found to weigh 15 tonnes although the driver said it was under 7 tonnes, Traffic Wales said in a post on X, external.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Two foreign nationals in court after six illegal migrants discovered in the back of a lorry

Six men held after Salford raids target heroin and cocaine supply | Manchester News

Stormont: Robbie Butler to be new health minister | UK News

Four men charged with multiple counts of rape against three teenage girls

Harry and Meghan: Why are they returning to the UK? | UK News

Councillor who claimed to have had no training sent resignation letter to wrong council

North West NHS trust accused of failing to investigate deaths | Manchester News

UK weather: Rain continues for UK with risk of flash flooding | UK News

Shoreham beach death tributes paid to family by Ealing school | UK News

Editors Picks

Two foreign nationals in court after six illegal migrants discovered in the back of a lorry

20 August 2026

Shabana Mahmood threatens to spread asylum seekers ‘fairly’ across Britain despite national fury

20 August 2026

Andy Burnham washes his hands of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid security issue

20 August 2026

Labour offers millions of pounds to businesses who can crack great Net Zero energy puzzle

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Six men held after Salford raids target heroin and cocaine supply | Manchester News

20 August 2026

Rod Stewart, 81, steps out just days after axing tour following heart operation as he attends Celtic match

20 August 2026

Look a decade younger with everyday make-up tweaks — skin looks ‘clearer and brighter’

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.