British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Piccadilly Gardens revamp to start ‘soon as possible’ | Manchester News

18 August 2026

Free bus travel for disabled people in England to be extended to 24 hours a day | UK News

18 August 2026

Pep Guardiola documentary: Kyle Walker fallout revealed in intense scenes

18 August 2026

The five traveller hotspots where unauthorised caravans have staged ‘military operation’ takeovers

18 August 2026

Andy Burnham plots major rule change to BLOCK early release of PC Andrew Harper’s killers

18 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Mark Francois obliterates Keir Starmer’s ‘silence’ over Iran strikes as Tory bigwig sets crunch deadline for PM
Politics

Mark Francois obliterates Keir Starmer’s ‘silence’ over Iran strikes as Tory bigwig sets crunch deadline for PM

By britishbulletin.com28 February 20263 Mins Read
Mark Francois obliterates Keir Starmer’s ‘silence’ over Iran strikes as Tory bigwig sets crunch deadline for PM
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Mark Francois has obliterated Sir Keir Starmer’s “silence” after the US and Israel launched a series of missiles on Tehran this morning.

The Tory bigwig, who serves as a Shadow Defence Minister, took aim at the Prime Minister, who waited hours before issuing a statement about the “pre-emptive” operation led by Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday.


Mr Francois lauded his party leader Kemi Badenoch for exhibiting “no ambiguity” in her message of support for the action.

He told the People’s Channel: “[The Iranian] regime has sponsored international terrorism for decades. They have given, for instance, the Russians and Iranians Shahed drones, which they have been raining down on the people of Ukraine for several years.

“This is a regime that sponsors terrorism, that supports the Russian war effort. And this regime has to go.”

Currently, the House of Commons is set to meet next on Monday.

Mr Francois demanded: “The Prime Minister must come to the House of Commons on Monday and give a statement on behalf of His Majesty’s Government.

“And I hope by that stage he would have decided to back this action against the regime that has sponsored terrorism for decades.”

Smoke can be seen billowing over Tehran today

|

GETTY

But the Tory MP decided to set a deadline for Sir Keir much sooner than Monday.

“But we shouldn’t have to wait till Monday. We should have the Prime Minister on television within the hour saying he backs this,” he said.

“This is not a circumstance in which you can sit on the fence. You’re either for it or against it. And the British people need to know where their Prime Minister stands.”

Asked if the human rights lawyer was “frightened of upsetting” nations, the MP said: “Well, at the end of the day, I can’t speak for him. He needs to speak for himself. He’s the Prime Minister.

‘He’s the Prime Minister, for God’s sake,’ the MP fumed

|

@KEIR_STARMER/X

“You can’t duck something like this and be the PM. You know, you’re not the chairman of a parish council. He’s the Prime Minister, for God’s sake. So where does he stand?”

However, Sir Keir has lined up with European leaders to condemn Iranian retaliatory strikes on Middle Eastern nations after “pre-emptive” strikes from Israel and the US earlier today.

Tehran launched the rockets in response to “massive and ongoing” American air strikes – in what is forecast to be a multi-day operation named “Epic Fury”.

So far, Iranian military forces have hit a US military base in Bahrain. The Islamic regime has also thrown missiles at US bases across Qatar, Kuwait, and the UAE.

In a joint statement with the leaders of France and Germany, the trio said: “Iran must refrain from indiscriminate military strikes.

“We urge the Iranian leadership to seek a negotiated solution. Ultimately, the Iranian people must be allowed to determine their future.”

Later this afternoon, Sir Keir released a formal statement confirming British planes were “in the sky as part of co-ordinated regional defensive operations to protect our people, our interests and our allies”.

This morning, Sir Keir held a meeting of the Government’s emergency Cobra committee, before he spoke to fellow world leaders about the strikes engulfing Middle Eastern allies.

Our Standards:
The GB News Editorial Charter

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Andy Burnham plots major rule change to BLOCK early release of PC Andrew Harper’s killers

Robert Jenrick and Nigel Nelson CLASH over Reform UK's welfare reforms: 'That's ridiculous!'

Robert Jenrick tells GB News about Reform UK’s three-point plan to end Britain’s benefits scourge

Sadiq Khan’s City Hall among authorities recommending ‘pro-open borders’ charity’s asylum toolkit

All homes built near railway stations to be given ‘default yes’ under Angela Rayner’s new plan

Jeremy Clarkson blasts government decision to strip men of right to prostate cancer test: ‘Cannot work out why!’

Bayo Alaba suspended as Labour MP amid questions over £50,000 taxpayer-backed Covid loan

Labour tells Britons to prepare for new range of water bans in blow to millions

Andy Burnham issued emergency alert warning after millions receive fire update

Editors Picks

Free bus travel for disabled people in England to be extended to 24 hours a day | UK News

18 August 2026

Pep Guardiola documentary: Kyle Walker fallout revealed in intense scenes

18 August 2026

The five traveller hotspots where unauthorised caravans have staged ‘military operation’ takeovers

18 August 2026

Andy Burnham plots major rule change to BLOCK early release of PC Andrew Harper’s killers

18 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

BBC star Nicholas Pinnock calls for James Bond to stay white as he slams ‘box-ticking’ rumours: ‘Don’t want change!’

18 August 2026

Doctor says inadequate abortion cares sees women from Wales travel to London | UK News

18 August 2026

Tennis: Arthur Fery named in GB Davis Cup team to face Ecuador

18 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.