British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Charlie Dean: All-rounder to captain England in one-day international series against Ireland

17 August 2026

Sainsbury’s suspends use of live facial recognition after shopper wrongly accused of shoplifting

17 August 2026

Labour accused of being ‘drunk on power’ by James Cleverly after Britons hit with emergency alert

17 August 2026

King Charles sends written message to award ceremony as monarch unable to attend event

17 August 2026

Disability activist issues dire warning over Reform’s plan to slash PIP payments: ‘People will die!’

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Labour set to appeal High Court ruling on ‘unlawful’ Palestine Action proscription
Politics

Labour set to appeal High Court ruling on ‘unlawful’ Palestine Action proscription

By britishbulletin.com25 February 20262 Mins Read
Labour set to appeal High Court ruling on ‘unlawful’ Palestine Action proscription
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Labour can appeal against the High Court’s ruling that banning Palestine Action as a terror group was unlawful, judges have ruled.

Three judges ruled on February 13 that the Government’s move to proscribe the group was unlawful, and said that they “propose to make an order quashing” the decision.


Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood said after the decision that she would fight to prevent the proscription being lifted.

In an order today, the Home Office was given the green light to challenge the decision at the Court of Appeal.

“The defendant’s application for permission to appeal is allowed,” the order read.

“The claimant’s application for permission to cross-appeal is refused.”

No date for the appeal has been set.

Foreign Secretary Yvette Cooper proscribed Palestine Action under the Terrorism Act 2000 in July last year when she was serving as home secretary.

Palestine Action’s co-founder, Huda Ammori, took legal action against the Home Office over the decision last June

| GETTY

Proscription makes it a criminal offence to belong to or support the group, punishable by up to 14 years in prison.

Palestine Action’s co-founder, Huda Ammori, took legal action against the Home Office over the decision last June.

Her barriers told the High Court last year that the ban was an “ill-considered, discriminatory, due process-lacking, authoritarian abuse of statutory power”.

MORE TO FOLLOW…

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Labour accused of being ‘drunk on power’ by James Cleverly after Britons hit with emergency alert

Andy Burnham mistakenly exchanged messages with impersonator of top Donald Trump aide

Reform’s Danny Kruger slams ‘absolute abuse’ of system after millions sent warnings

Rejoin EU Party leader finally admits Brexit defeat after Nigel Farage’s Clacton victory

Reform vows to ban ALL foreign nationals from claiming benefits in plan to slash £50bn welfare bill

Conservatives pledge ‘crackdown on illegal traveller sites’ by leaving ECHR

‘What are you playing at?!’

Britain’s ‘bloated’ welfare bill branded a ‘fiscal emergency’ amid Reform’s plan to overhaul benefits system

Reform UK board member dismisses Rupert Lowe’s pact offer as ‘crackers’

Editors Picks

Sainsbury’s suspends use of live facial recognition after shopper wrongly accused of shoplifting

17 August 2026

Labour accused of being ‘drunk on power’ by James Cleverly after Britons hit with emergency alert

17 August 2026

King Charles sends written message to award ceremony as monarch unable to attend event

17 August 2026

Disability activist issues dire warning over Reform’s plan to slash PIP payments: ‘People will die!’

17 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Man charged after Salford rooftop stand-off ends | Manchester News

17 August 2026

ITV Trigger Point star explains why playing a police officer was ‘important’ after growing up in inner-city London

17 August 2026

Kildare: Post-mortems of five boys killed in crash to take place | UK News

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.