British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Train on fire near London Victoria sparks major disruption as holidaymakers warned of delays to Gatwick services

20 August 2026

Andy Burnham must rule out tax hikes, ex-Bank of England economist warns

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle’s stance on sending Archie and Lilibet to UK schools unearthed

20 August 2026

Labour told to dramatically slash VAT on double glazing if it wants to reach Net Zero

20 August 2026

Ben Leo lets rip over Home Office ‘anti-rape’ guidance for asylum seekers: ‘Disastrous, dangerous joke!’

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Iraqi national charged for failing to disclose information
News

Iraqi national charged for failing to disclose information

By britishbulletin.com20 August 20263 Mins Read
Iraqi national charged for failing to disclose information
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A Iraqi national has been charged in connection with the Manchester synagogue terrorist attack in October last year.

Hekmat Omar Ali Hakim, 49, of St. James Road, Higher Broughton, has today been charged with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity under Section 38b of the Terrorism Act 2000.


Hakim, an Iraqi national who self-identified to police as ‘Asian’, has been remanded to appear before Westminster Magistrates Court tomorrow.

The charge relates directly to the attack which took place on the morning of October 2 at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue.

Melvin Cravitz, 66, and Adrian Daulby, 53, tragically died during the horrific attack, while three other men were treated in hospital for serious injuries, having since been released.

Assistant Chief Constable Rob Potts, who holds operational responsibility for Counter Terrorism Policing North West, said: “I can confirm that, earlier today, officers from Counter Terrorism Policing North West charged a man with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity.

“This charge is directly related to the terrorist attack which took place at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue last October.

“This is a significant development in our investigation, and my thoughts are with all those affected by the attack, particularly the bereaved loved ones and survivors.

Two people died following the terror attack at Heaton Park Hebrew Synagogue in Manchester on October 2 | PA

“We have updated them and continue to offer them as much support as possible.

“Since the attack took place, we have been unwavering in our commitment to establishing the full picture behind the incident and identifying anybody who may have been involved in any way.

“The charge that has been authorised is the culmination of a substantial amount of meticulous work by the investigation team, supported by the Crown Prosecution Service, and I hope this update reaffirms that commitment.”

Syrian-born British citizen Jihad Al-Shamie, 35, was responsible for the attack, and was shot dead at the scene.

Both victims killed during the incident were stabbed by Al-Shamie, who was wearing a fake suicide belt at the time of the attack.

Bashir, of Shaftsbury Road in Cheetham Hill, was later arrested at Manchester Airport on November 27 last year.

Last month, Manchester Police Chief Constable Sir Stephen Watson QPM apologised for the missed opportunities to prevent the tragic attack, confirming the force had access to information showing signs of an “extremist mindset” in Al-Shamie – only examined after the atrocity was committed.

Jihad Al-Shamie attacked the synagogue on Yom Kippur – the most holy day in the Jewish calendar | FACEBOOK

He said: “The terrorist atrocity at the Heaton Park synagogue last October was a wicked act which inflicted great harm and suffering upon bereaved families and survivors.

“For our Jewish community, it also served to amplify their anxieties and fears which are legitimate, longstanding and visceral.”

He confirmed the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is engaged in conducting a review into Greater Manchester Police’s past investigations into Al-Shamie.

The Syrian-born attacker was earlier arrested on the February 13 2025 on suspicion of breaching a non-molestation order and again on the September 21 2025 on suspicion of rape.

At the time of his committing the attack at the Heaton Park Synagogue, Al-Shamie was on police bail for prior offences.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Train on fire near London Victoria sparks major disruption as holidaymakers warned of delays to Gatwick services

‘Relentless’ GCSE resit cycle ‘simply not working’, union says | UK News

Hundreds of staff to strike at four Greater Manchester hospitals | Manchester News

Man charged over Manchester synagogue attack | UK News

Sunken royal ship carrying MILLIONS in lost treasure finally found after vanishing in storm nearly 400 years ago

Reform UK proposes tax rebates for firms to boost apprenticeships | UK News

Police launch investigation after supercars set alight during firebomb attack on Pakistani wedding venue

Bolton Wanderers: Ruben Rodrigues signs new two-year deal | Manchester News

Prince Harry and Meghan’s UK security a private matter, Burnham says | UK News

Editors Picks

Andy Burnham must rule out tax hikes, ex-Bank of England economist warns

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle’s stance on sending Archie and Lilibet to UK schools unearthed

20 August 2026

Labour told to dramatically slash VAT on double glazing if it wants to reach Net Zero

20 August 2026

Ben Leo lets rip over Home Office ‘anti-rape’ guidance for asylum seekers: ‘Disastrous, dangerous joke!’

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

‘Relentless’ GCSE resit cycle ‘simply not working’, union says | UK News

20 August 2026

Maeve Plouffe: Rider ‘nearly hit’ by car on day one of Tour of Britain Women

20 August 2026

Iraqi national charged for failing to disclose information

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.