British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Fifa: Kevin Lamour leaves after criticising president Gianni Infantino

17 August 2026

Buckingham Palace releases new Sophie portrait as duchess takes on role with strong personal links

17 August 2026

Bonnie Tyler described as ‘always a star and never a diva’ in emotional funeral service

17 August 2026

Princess Eugenie announces name of baby daughter | UK News

17 August 2026

Cliftonville FC: Members vote in favour of TIG takeover

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Fury vs Joshua fight could happen overnight at Wembley Stadium – sources
Sports

Fury vs Joshua fight could happen overnight at Wembley Stadium – sources

By britishbulletin.com8 July 20262 Mins Read
Fury vs Joshua fight could happen overnight at Wembley Stadium – sources
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The proposed heavyweight fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua could be held at Wembley Stadium in the early hours of the morning, BBC Sport understands.

Saudi powerbroker Turki Alalshikh, who is coordinating the all-British bout, said on Monday he wants the fight staged in England while also accommodating a global television audience.

If the contest – mooted for October or November this year – is timed to suit prime-time viewers in the USA, the main event might have to start as late as 04:00 GMT.

Sources close to London mayor Sir Sadiq Khan have told BBC Sport such a proposal is “doable”, but Alalshikh and other stakeholders involved in staging the fight have not yet been in contact.

Wembley Stadium usually has a curfew of 11pm. Once a formal request is made, the mayor would need to agree with Brent Council – the local authority – whether dispensation can be granted to stage the fight.

“Any changes to [the curfew] would have to be assessed by the stadium’s safety advisory group of which Brent Council is a partner,” the council told BBC Sport.

BBC Sport has contacted representatives of Alalshikh for comment.

“I tell you from the beginning, it depends if England give us all that we need,” Alalshikh said on Monday.

“We want the fight here in England, but we want the time zone of all the world, especially in America.

“If they allow us to have Wembley late in the night, we want to do it in England. It is about the time and viewership.

“We will talk with the mayors and Prince Abdullah [bin Khaled bin Sultan].”

It would not be the first combat sports event in Britain to be scheduled around the American television market. When UFC 304 was held in Manchester in July 2024, the main card did not begin until 01:00 BST.

Last month, Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn, who represents Joshua, dismissed speculation the fight could be staged in the US. Hearn said the current agreement, signed by all parties, states the bout must take place in the United Kingdom.

Fury and Joshua are both set to return to the ring later this month before a potential meeting later in the year.

Former WBC heavyweight champion Fury, 37, will face Poland’s Mariusz Wach in Thailand on 24 July, while two-time world heavyweight champion Joshua, 36, takes on Kristian Prenga in Saudi Arabia the following day.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Fifa: Kevin Lamour leaves after criticising president Gianni Infantino

Cliftonville FC: Members vote in favour of TIG takeover

Wafcon 2026: Things we learned from finals in Morocco as Cameroon crowned champions

Coventry City transfer news: Taiwo Awoniyi signs from Nottingham Forest for £9m

Amy Hunt reveals surprising food she ate straight after winning historic fourth gold medal

England v Pakistan Test series: Jordan Cox on Virat Kohli advice

Trevoh Chalobah: From Chelsea ‘bomb squad’ to new chapter at Como

Gianni Infantino: Scottish FA withdraws support for Fifa president

Cycling: Jonas Vingegaard ruled out for rest of season with injury

Editors Picks

Buckingham Palace releases new Sophie portrait as duchess takes on role with strong personal links

17 August 2026

Bonnie Tyler described as ‘always a star and never a diva’ in emotional funeral service

17 August 2026

Princess Eugenie announces name of baby daughter | UK News

17 August 2026

Cliftonville FC: Members vote in favour of TIG takeover

17 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Sadiq Khan’s City Hall among authorities recommending ‘pro-open borders’ charity’s asylum toolkit

17 August 2026

Pippa Middleton told to remove car park constructed without planning permission on £15million estate

17 August 2026

‘Gentle giant’ died after medication withdrawn, inquest told | Manchester News

17 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.