British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Premier League predictions 2026-27: BBC Sport pundits pick their top four

20 August 2026

Furious farmer uses tractor to help clear off travellers after caravans pitch up outside primary school

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle reveals ‘refreshing’ morning ritual despite previously describing routine a ‘whirlwind’

20 August 2026

Godmother of rock and roll’s Manchester station gig honoured | Manchester News

20 August 2026

Jon Burrows to announce replacement for Mike Nesbitt as health minister | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Four people die after busiest day for small-boat crossings this year | UK News
News

Four people die after busiest day for small-boat crossings this year | UK News

By britishbulletin.com30 July 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Four people died trying to cross the Channel overnight after the busiest day for small-boat crossings so far this year saw 752 arrivals in the UK.

One man died after a vessel capsized off France’s northern coast late on Wednesday, local officials said, with a one-year-old child among those hurt.

Eight hours later three people were found dead aboard a small boat early on Thursday after launching from Dunkirk overnight, some 100km (62 miles) up the coast.

French officials confirmed their deaths as the Home Office reported that Wednesday had the highest number of crossings in a single day this year, with nine boats reaching the UK.

Local authorities in France said the first boat capsized off the coast at Hardelot around 23:30 local time (21:30 GMT) on Wednesday.

The man is thought to have been in his thirties or forties, officials added. Six other people including the child sustained minor injuries.

Local officials said the vessel was a “taxi” boat – vessels which cruise along the coast and pick up their paying customers who are waiting in the sea.

Security officials “neutralised” the boat and an investigation into the incident has been launched.

The second boat launched from the Dunkirk area overnight and was spotted near a breakwater off the coast at 06:00, the French coastguard said.

Search and rescue officials subsequently found three unconscious people on board. Their deaths were later confirmed by emergency medical personnel.

A UK government spokesperson said: “Every death in the Channel is a tragedy and a stark reminder of the dangers posed by criminal gangs exploiting vulnerable people for profit.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Furious farmer uses tractor to help clear off travellers after caravans pitch up outside primary school

Godmother of rock and roll’s Manchester station gig honoured | Manchester News

Jon Burrows to announce replacement for Mike Nesbitt as health minister | UK News

Newspaper headlines: ‘Harry’s coming home’ and ‘Day trip tragedy’ | UK News

Innocent Briton fined £450 for dropping cigarette in staggering case of mistaken identity

Oldham housing estate could be built in “beautiful” valley | Manchester News

Weekly type 2 diabetes jab could replace daily injections | UK News

Where will Prince Harry and Meghan live as they return to the UK? | UK News

Cheadle mental health wards ordered to improve upgraded to ‘good’ | Manchester News

Editors Picks

Furious farmer uses tractor to help clear off travellers after caravans pitch up outside primary school

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle reveals ‘refreshing’ morning ritual despite previously describing routine a ‘whirlwind’

20 August 2026

Godmother of rock and roll’s Manchester station gig honoured | Manchester News

20 August 2026

Jon Burrows to announce replacement for Mike Nesbitt as health minister | UK News

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Marcus Rashford reacts to Jamie Carragher shutting down Gary Neville on podcast

20 August 2026

Prince Edward moved down on Buckingham Palace website after mention of Eugenie’s daughter Adelaide

20 August 2026

Newspaper headlines: ‘Harry’s coming home’ and ‘Day trip tragedy’ | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.