British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

England v Pakistan, First Test, day one Headingley – highlights

19 August 2026

Andy Burnham told Labour risks losing 50 seats over North Sea drilling as PM braces for revolt

19 August 2026

Castleford Tigers: Ben McNamara and Keanan Brand join on loan from Leigh | Manchester News

19 August 2026

Family named after three die in sea off Shoreham beach | UK News

19 August 2026

‘Missing’ English Commonwealth gold medalist found jailed in Morocco for sexual assault of a minor

19 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Family named after three die in sea off Shoreham beach | UK News
News

Family named after three die in sea off Shoreham beach | UK News

By britishbulletin.com19 August 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Three members of the same family who died after getting into difficulty in the sea off Shoreham have been named by police.

Hassan El-Khawas, 55, and Zeina Alayn, 37, and their 14-year-old daughter Sara El-Khawas are thought to have gone into the water near Shoreham Fort on Tuesday, Sussex Police said.

A younger girl from the same family, who was pulled from the water with them, remains in hospital in a critical condition.

Police said the family had travelled from their London home to visit Shoreham and after reviewing CCTV footage investigators say they believe the deaths were a tragic accident with no third-party involvement.

The Palestinian Forum said the family were British citizens of Palestinian origin, with roots in the Rashidieh refugee camp in Lebanon. Earlier, the Palestinian embassy in London told the that Hassan El-Khawas had been a refugee.

Adnan Hmidan, chairman of the Palestinian Forum in Britain, said the community was “deeply shocked and saddened” by what had happened.

He said two other children were on the shore at the time of the incident.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family, particularly the children, who are facing an unimaginable loss,” he said.

The Palestinian Embassy in London said it was closely monitoring the incident and contacting British authorities to establish the circumstances and check on the condition of the girl in hospital.

A statement issued by the embassy sent condolences to the family and the UK’s Palestinian community and wished the girl a speedy recovery.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Castleford Tigers: Ben McNamara and Keanan Brand join on loan from Leigh | Manchester News

Jason Arday fundraiser launched by Windrush campaigner reaches £200,000

Llaneli man reached 140mph to ‘get to gym after argument’ and hit taxi | UK News

Protesters jailed for longer than migrant who assaulted woman and girl

Blackley stabbing victim ‘will live forever in our hearts’ | Manchester News

Behaviour guidelines for life in UK published for asylum seekers | UK News

Recycling company fined £400,000 after woman, 22, crushed by shredder

Salmonella outbreak: What we know so far | UK News

Family who drowned off Sussex harbour revealed to be Palestinian migrants

Editors Picks

Andy Burnham told Labour risks losing 50 seats over North Sea drilling as PM braces for revolt

19 August 2026

Castleford Tigers: Ben McNamara and Keanan Brand join on loan from Leigh | Manchester News

19 August 2026

Family named after three die in sea off Shoreham beach | UK News

19 August 2026

‘Missing’ English Commonwealth gold medalist found jailed in Morocco for sexual assault of a minor

19 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Jason Arday fundraiser launched by Windrush campaigner reaches £200,000

19 August 2026

‘Kangaroo court’ investigating Reform UK leader includes refugee charity trustee and Brexit critic

19 August 2026

Andy Burnham accused of being ‘too chicken’ to green light North Sea drilling as he ploughs ahead with ‘mad’ Net Zero plans

19 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.