Author: britishbulletin.com
As that great Kerry team’s powers began to fade by the end of the decade, Mayo would find a new nemesis as after defeat by Donegal in 2012, Dublin would account for them in the 2013 decider, again in 2016 after a replay that was largely down to two first-half own goals in the drawn game, while Dean Rock would break their hearts with a winning free at the death in the 2017 final.However, Kerry and Mayo would serve up some incredible semi-final drama in the 2010s as after Kieran O’Leary salvaged a draw for Kerry at Croke Park, the…
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenage boy died following a stabbing in a Luton park on Friday evening.Officers were called to Kingsway Recreation Ground at around 6.30pm following reports that several teenagers had been spotted “carrying large knives”.A 17-year-old boy was taken to hospital with multiple stab wounds but died a short time later, Bedfordshire Police confirmed.The victim has not yet been formally identified, but his family are being supported by specially trained officers, police said. A teenage boy has been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and remains in police custody.A second teenager arrested on suspicion…
The National Crime Agency has launched an investigation into allegations that its staff may have leaked Reform MPs’ bank transactions, it has been revealed.Nigel Farage, leader of Reform UK, took aim at the NCA earlier this month after media reported on transactions that had been flagged to the NCA under its Suspicious Activity Reports programme. Richard Tice, Reform UK’s deputy leader, also found his bank transactions in the media.The NCA has now confirmed it has referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, The Telegraph reports. The IOPC ordered that the NCA carry out an internal investigation.In a letter…
The Duke of Gloucester paid a visit to the National Railway Museum in York this week, where he was given an exclusive preview of the institution’s ambitious multi-million-pound overhaul.His Royal Highness toured the museum to learn about its planned new entrance building and a gallery dedicated to the future of rail travel.The York stop formed part of a broader royal engagement across the historic city, which also took in York Castle Museum and York Minster.The visit shone a spotlight on one of Britain’s most significant museum redevelopment projects, blending the nation’s proud railway heritage with a forward-looking vision for how…
Inheritance tax: Little-known quick succession relief could save families thousands`; const adSlotHtmlSkyRight = “; const targetParentSky = document.querySelector(‘.sky–ad__container’); if (targetParentSky) { targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyLeft); targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyRight); } } else { // console.log(“Inder 3 – skys not showing because user is member”); } `; targetParentBillboard.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adBillboard); } }); } `; return trendingDiv; }
In a judgment, he also said: “As it is, we do not consider that the judge’s comments about the waiver rendered the trial unfair or the verdict unsafe.”This is because the judge was simply pointing out that the waiver did not reflect the reality of the relationship between Ms Carr-Gomm and Mr Xiao.”He said Mr Justice Bright did misdirect the jury about the waiver, but only on it being potentially “decisive” if it were a civil trial instead of a criminal one.However, Lord Justice Dingemans said that “a legally correct direction from the judge” would have “created more difficulties for…
The tournament director of the Canadian Open says changes need to be made to the “demanding schedule” of players after Jannik Sinner and Novak Djokovic pulled out of the Masters 1000 event.Sinner, who beat Alexander Zverev to win the Wimbledon title this month, said he had withdrawn from the ATP tournament, which takes place from 2-13 August in Montreal, to prioritise his health.Carlos Alcaraz will also be absent from the Canadian Open as he continues his recovery from a wrist injury that has kept him out since April.”We are obviously very disappointed that Jannik and Novak won’t be joining us…
However, when they arrived, they found their way blocked by police and after a stand-off, a unit of mounted officers charged into the protesters, causing many serious injuries.Among those in the crowd were writer Walter Greenwood, who included the day’s events in his novel, Love On The Dole and folk singer/poltical activist Ewan MacColl – known then as Jimmy Miller – who wrote the 1972 Grammy-winning Roberta Flack hit First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.MacColl also wrote the folk song Dirty Old Town, which has been covered by bands such as The Pogues, and is considered the city’s unofficial…
Residents have been ordered to evacuate as a “major incident” has been declared amid the ongoing wildfire at Cairngorms National Park, which crews have been battling for 10 days.The Scottish Government’s Resilience Room reconvened this morning at 7am to review the position on the wildfire, chaired by First Minister John Swinney.Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS), Police Scotland, Deputy First Minister Jenny Gilruth, Justice Secretary Neil Gray, and other were also in attendance.All residents of Nethy Bridge, a village of around 650 people, are being urgently evacuated after Police Scotland declared a major incident.The force said changes in wind conditions…
More than 600,000 high earners across Britain could be caught by pension tax rules by 2032 if the Government continues to freeze key income thresholds.The number of taxpayers affected by the pension tapered annual allowance will continue to rise as fiscal drag pulls more people into the system, analysis shows.HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) data reveals around half a million earners are already affected by the taper in the current tax year ending in April, according to research by pension consultancy Barnett Waddingham for the Financial Times.The analysis found that if the Government leaves the thresholds unchanged, a further 114,000…
