Author: britishbulletin.com

Britain has seen nearly 6,000 business owners leave the country over the past two years amid sweeeping tax changes and growing concerns over economic competitiveness, according to new research from Rathbones.The wealth manager analysed Companies House filings between January 2024 and 2026, and found that 5,938 business owners relocated overseas during that period, with technology entrepreneurs representing the largest share of those departing.The United Arab Emirates emerged as the most popular destination, followed by Spain and the United States. The outflow comes as Labour implements fiscal reforms that have altered inheritance tax rules, increased capital gains tax rates and abolished…

Read More

The BBC is facing a £175million pension obligation next year, a sum that threatens to absorb close to a third of its £600million savings target as the corporation seeks to rein in spending.Director General Tim Davie last week announced plans to reduce the broadcaster’s £6billion annual budget by a further 10 per cent over the next three years, building on an existing commitment to cut £150million by 2028.However, the corporation’s defined benefit pension arrangements are projected to require up to £50million in employer contributions during the 2026–27 financial year. A further £125million could also be needed to complete a long‑running…

Read More

HMRC unveils major update for petrol and diesel cars launching next week`; const adSlotHtmlSkyRight = “; const targetParentSky = document.querySelector(‘.sky–ad__container’); if (targetParentSky) { targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyLeft); targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyRight); } } else { // console.log(“Inder 3 – skys not showing because user is member”); } `; targetParentBillboard.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adBillboard); } `; return trendingDiv; }

Read More

Benfica’s Gianluca Prestianni has received a provisional one-match suspension after Real Madrid’s Vinicius Jr reported alleged racist abuse during last week’s Champions League meeting.Vinicius told referee Francois Letexier that he had been racially abused by the Argentina winger during the first leg of their Champions League knockout play-off tie in Lisbon last Tuesday.Uefa announced the provisional ban on Monday following the appointment of an ethics and disciplinary inspector to investigate the incident.The European governing body said further punishment could be handed out once the investigation is completed.Real Madrid and Benfica meet for the second leg in the Spanish capital on…

Read More

A bitter row has erupted in Royal Wootton Bassett after plans emerged to fly the Progress Pride flag close to the town’s war memorial.The council wants the banner raised during Pride Month on the high street. Critics say placing it near the Cenotaph risks detracting from a site many regard as sacred.“It’s a war memorial. It’s there to honour those who served,” one local said. “There are plenty of other places a Pride flag could go.”The Wiltshire town holds a unique place in modern military history. Between 2007 and 2011, more than 350 troops killed in Afghanistan were based at…

Read More

Australia has become the first Commonwealth realm to declare its backing for legislation that would strip Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor of his place in the royal succession.Prime Minister Anthony Albanese confirmed his government’s position in correspondence with Sir Keir Starmer, released publicly on Monday.”In light of recent events concerning Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, I am writing to confirm that my government would agree to any proposal to remove him from the line of royal succession,” Mr Albanese wrote.The Australian leader added: “I agree with His Majesty that the law must now take its full course and there must be a full, fair and proper…

Read More

Prince William news: It is no wonder Prince of Wales feels on edge as pressure builds on future king`; const adSlotHtmlSkyRight = “; const targetParentSky = document.querySelector(‘.sky–ad__container’); if (targetParentSky) { targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyLeft); targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyRight); } } else { // console.log(“Inder 3 – skys not showing because user is member”); } `; targetParentBillboard.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adBillboard); } `; return trendingDiv; }

Read More

The BBC has pulled its coverage of the Bafta Film Awards from iPlayer following a failure to remove a racial slur from the tape-delayed broadcast.John Davidson, a prominent Tourette syndrome campaigner, shouted the N-word involuntarily from the audience during Sunday evening’s ceremony at the Royal Festival Hall.The corporation’s broadcast operated with a two-hour delay before transmission on BBC One, a buffer specifically designed to allow editors to catch and excise such material.Despite this safeguard, the offensive language remained in the coverage when it aired.John Davidson, a prominent Tourette syndrome campaigner, shouted the N-word involuntarily from the audience during Sunday evening’s…

Read More

Hodgkinson’s stunning indoor run in France saw her cross the line in 1:54.87 to smash a world record which had stood since 3 March 2002 – the day the Briton was born.Her coach, Jenny Meadows, told Sport the athlete’s time in Lievin could have been up to one second faster – and Hodgkinson is aiming higher still.”I’ve known for weeks I’m capable of breaking it. It’s just a matter of getting out on the day,” she said.”We can push it even further in the future, as long as I stay healthy and I think this is hopefully just the beginning.”Victory…

Read More

England and South Africa have postponed a T20 international series which was originally planned for next winter.The two sides will play three Test matches and three one-day internationals across December 2026 and January 2027.In addition to the ODIs the white-ball leg of the tour was supposed to include three T20s as per the International Cricket Council’s Future Tours Programme.Cricket South Africa and the England and Wales Cricket Board are planning to rearrange the 20-over series to a later date.South Africa’s domestic T20 franchise tournament – the SA20 – is set to be played from 9 January until 14 February 2027…

Read More