Author: britishbulletin.com
The Hundred men’s competition, Sophia GardensSouthern Brave 115-8 (100 balls): Stoinis 55 (39); Cook 3-14Welsh Fire 116-4 (95 balls): Short 60* (41); Archer 2-19Welsh Fire won by six wickets Scorecard. TableWelsh Fire claimed their fourth win in five matches in this season’s Hundred as a well-crafted half-century from Matt Short helped them defeat Southern Brave by six wickets in Cardiff.Chasing 116, the home side lost captain Phil Salt early but a 56-run stand between Joe Root and Short provided them the platform to win on a tricky surface at Sophia Gardens. Chris Jordan dismissed Root for 17 before Rachin Ravindra…
A former X Factor finalist has denied murdering a social media influencer by running her over with a car in central London.Gabrielle Carrington of Manchester, allegedly struck Klaudia Zakrzewska outside Inca nightclub in Argyll Street, Soho, at 04:30 BST on 19 April.The 29-year-old appeared at the Old Bailey by video link from Bronzefield prison to deny the charge. She had been initially charged with attempted murder but that was changed to murder after Zakrzewska died from her injuries six days later.Carrington, who was not represented in court by a barrister, also denied a second charge of causing grievous bodily harm…
Nuclear test: Andy Burnham urged to ‘hear veterans’ voices’, campaigners tell GB News as nuclear test tribunal plan delivered to No10`; const adSlotHtmlSkyRight = “; const targetParentSky = document.querySelector(‘.sky–ad__container’); if (targetParentSky) { targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyLeft); targetParentSky.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adSlotHtmlSkyRight); } } else { // console.log(“Inder 3 – skys not showing because user is member”); } `; targetParentBillboard.insertAdjacentHTML(‘beforeend’, adBillboard); } }); } `; return trendingDiv; }
Many of Tuesday’s papers lead with the latest on the early prisoner release scheme. “Cop killers will go free”, headlines The Sun. The paper says police officer Andrew Harper’s widow has called the plans, which will not exclude prisoners such as Harper’s killers, “disgusting”.
Mixed martial arts fighter Allan Nascimento has died at the age of 34, says the UFC.According to MMA’s leading promotion, the Brazilian flyweight was found unresponsive on Monday morning after suffering an apparent heart attack in his sleep.”Despite the efforts of the responding medical team, he was pronounced deceased at the scene,” added a UFC statement., external”Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Allan’s family, friends, team-mates and loved ones during this incredibly difficult time.”Nascimento had been with the UFC since 2021 and his last fight was a split-decision loss to Mitch Raposo in June.That left Nascimento with an overall…
PC Andrew Harper’s widow has accused Andy Burnham of a “betrayal” after he failed to exclude her husband’s killers from his early release reforms.Mr Burnham last night confirmed grooming gang rapists would not be let out of jail before their sentences expire.The Sentencing Act was amended in January, with eligibility for early release based on the length of an offender’s fixed sentence, rather than the type of offence.The Act had already excluded some of the most dangerous offenders, such as murderers serving life sentences, from the scheme.But Mr Burnham confirmed on Monday that rape and child sexual offences will now…
Nine animal rights campaigners are pursuing legal action against the Metropolitan Police, alleging they were wrongfully arrested during the King’s Coronation in May 2023.The women, ranging in age from 20 to 64, claim officers mistakenly identified them as members of Just Stop Oil while they attended a non-violent workshop organised by Animal Rising.The group, which includes students, medical professionals and teachers, is being represented at the High Court by Hodge Jones & Allen. Their lawyers maintain there was “no intelligence linking the women or Animal Rising to Just Stop Oil”.The Met Police denies any wrongdoing and is contesting the claim.…
Marchant said her charity saw generations of women using its services, with breaking the cycle of abuse having to begin by educating young people. “We’re almost having 13-year-old girls being raped by 13-year-old boys,” she said.”But nobody’s told the girls that boys shouldn’t do that to them, and in some cases nobody’s told the boys that they shouldn’t.” The girls made the film as part of work with This Life Collective, which provides a range of therapeutic support and services, primarily for young people. It has been shared with the Department for Education and Prime Minister Andy Burnham.Director Sue Davison,…
It was reported today that Osasuna have enquired about Tierney, although that same article suggested Celtic chiefs will knock back any offers for the 29-year-old.Given the lack of options in that position, and also Tierney’s importance to the league champions, that is hardly a surprise.”Kieran’s going nowhere, he loves the football club,” said his former captain Scott Brown on Sportsound. “You never know what can happen, but I love watching the wee man play, I love his passion. When there’s a 50-50 he wins it, when a ball goes into the box he puts his head on it.”It’s the quality…
Children aged 11-18 in Greater Manchester will soon be eligible for free bus travel, the city region’s new mayor has announced.Labour’s Bev Craig, who was elected on Friday following Andy Burnham’s departure from the role, has said the change will be rolled out from January.The current Our Pass scheme already gives 16-18-year-olds free travel on the Bee Network and the extension down to 11 will save families an estimated £500 a year per child, according to Craig.”Families across Greater Manchester are struggling with the cost of living and I’m using my first day as mayor to do something practical to…
