British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Premier League predictions 2026-27: BBC Sport pundits pick their top four

20 August 2026

Furious farmer uses tractor to help clear off travellers after caravans pitch up outside primary school

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle reveals ‘refreshing’ morning ritual despite previously describing routine a ‘whirlwind’

20 August 2026

Godmother of rock and roll’s Manchester station gig honoured | Manchester News

20 August 2026

Jon Burrows to announce replacement for Mike Nesbitt as health minister | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Andy Burnham responds to President Donald Trump’s migrant crisis warning: ‘Progress is being made!’
Politics

Andy Burnham responds to President Donald Trump’s migrant crisis warning: ‘Progress is being made!’

By britishbulletin.com30 July 20263 Mins Read
Andy Burnham responds to President Donald Trump’s migrant crisis warning: ‘Progress is being made!’
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Andy Burnham has issued a response to President Donald Trump’s warning that the migrant crisis was “killing” the UK.

Speaking to reporters, the Prime Minister insisted “progress is being made” but “more is needed”.


In the Oval Office last night, GB News’s Bev Turner asked the US leader if he felt Mr Burnham had avoided addressing the topic of immigration in his first weeks in office.

“He’s going to have to mention it because it’s killing your country,” Mr Trump told The People’s Channel.

“They’re invading Europe,” he warned, adding: “It’s an invasion, and the UK is a prime suspect.”

Responding to Mr Trump’s comments, the Prime Minister defended Labour’s approach to the issue despite more than 1,600 migrants breaking into Britain over the English Channel since he took office.

“When it comes to the wider issues around the channel and immigration, obviously there are crossings this week,” he began.

“But overall, if you look at the picture in 2026 compared to last year, there is significant progress in terms of reducing the number of crossings, the number of people coming over.

Andy Burnham has responded to President Donald Trump’s warnings on immigration and energy

|

GB NEWS

“But there is much further to be done to get the grip on the issue that we require.

“The Home Secretary is applying that grip, and I am grateful to her, but more is needed to get those numbers right down.

“The removals are up, though, and this is another part of the story that people need to understand.

“Progress is being made on all fronts, but more is needed,” Mr Burnham said.

The US leader warned GB News that migration was ‘killing your country’

|

GB NEWS

The Prime Minister also addressed comments made by President Trump about opening up the North Sea for oil and gas extraction.

Referring once again to his first call with Mr Burnham, the US leader declared: “He said he’s going to open up North Sea oil.”

“You have one of the most valuable oil finds anywhere in the world.

“If the United Kingdom would use it, they’d be a wealthy country again. And I’ll tell you what. I could not get (Sir Keir) Starmer to use it.”

Five hundred illegal migrants reached British shores on Wednesday, topping 1,600 since Andy Burnham took office

| PA

Mr Burnham, in turn, confirmed he had told Mr Trump that the UK would investigate opportunities in the North Sea.

“I indicated in the phone call that we had a week last Monday, that I would take a pragmatic approach when it comes to the North Sea.

“That is my intention as we go forward from here.

“There is a resource there. When people are struggling, you can’t ignore that, and hence me indicating that to the president,” the Prime Minister said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Nigel Farage accused of using Christianity to ‘channel anti-Muslim feeling’ by ex-Archbishop of Canterbury

Reform UK issued ‘Frankenstein coalition’ warning amid fears left-wing will unite to stop Nigel Farage

Labour’s shock public sector pay splurge revealed

Maajid Nawaz predicts Andy Burnham will RESIGN as Prime Minister by Christmas

Andy Burnham told Labour risks losing 50 seats over North Sea drilling as PM braces for revolt

‘Kangaroo court’ investigating Reform UK leader includes refugee charity trustee and Brexit critic

‘Keep control of our own borders!’

Britons back confrontation with France to stop small boat crisis

Angela Rayner says pocketing £105k delivering speeches doesn’t count as second job

Editors Picks

Furious farmer uses tractor to help clear off travellers after caravans pitch up outside primary school

20 August 2026

Meghan Markle reveals ‘refreshing’ morning ritual despite previously describing routine a ‘whirlwind’

20 August 2026

Godmother of rock and roll’s Manchester station gig honoured | Manchester News

20 August 2026

Jon Burrows to announce replacement for Mike Nesbitt as health minister | UK News

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Marcus Rashford reacts to Jamie Carragher shutting down Gary Neville on podcast

20 August 2026

Prince Edward moved down on Buckingham Palace website after mention of Eugenie’s daughter Adelaide

20 August 2026

Newspaper headlines: ‘Harry’s coming home’ and ‘Day trip tragedy’ | UK News

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.