British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Two Afghan illegal migrants raped woman at knifepoint while she was on first date with another man

20 August 2026

Tories slammed over plans to scrap 2035 diesel ban as EVs could make businesses ‘more profitable’

20 August 2026

Harry and Meghan ‘should have to explain attacks on Royal Family’ amid return to the UK

20 August 2026

Levenshulme stabbing murder charge after man killed | Manchester News

20 August 2026

EastEnders star fumes it’s a ‘tragedy’ BBC is ‘under-appreciated’ as he shares firm defence amid controversies

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » US Open 2026 to offer biggest prize fund in Grand Slam history with $108 million on offer
Sports

US Open 2026 to offer biggest prize fund in Grand Slam history with $108 million on offer

By britishbulletin.com20 August 20262 Mins Read
US Open 2026 to offer biggest prize fund in Grand Slam history with 8 million on offer
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Player representatives have also not seen the figures. However, if you allow for 10% growth to the $559.7m (£410.5m) the US Open generated in revenue in 2024, then prize money of $98.5m would have be in line with player expectations.

The USTA says the financial statement will be published before the start of the main draw.

Chief executive Craig Tiley, who previously headed up Tennis Australia, described the offer as “a significant first step in a multi-year investment in athletes”.

In a BBC interview in March, world number three Jessica Pegula highlighted how last year’s US Open increase was targeted primarily at those who needed it least -the players who made the second week.

This year, however, the percentage increase is highest in the first round, then falls in every subsequent round.

There are also greater rewards for those competing in the mixed doubles event, which takes place during qualifying week.

The winners will still share $1m, but there is more for everyone else who enters, with first-round prize money doubled.

Player representatives had asked each Grand Slam to contribute $4m in benefit payments this year. The USTA is the first to ring-fence this money for the players, but it will come out of the overall prize fund.

The money for the new US Open player support programme will be placed in an independent holding account while the details are worked through.

The Grand Slam Player Council will have input into this. It will launch after the US Open “with a focus on player input into sporting matters at the four Grand Slam tournaments”.

The exact framework is yet to be decided, but players have been invited to apply and told the council will allow them to discuss specific prize money concerns directly with the Grand Slam in question.

Player representatives “welcomed” the various announcements and noted the “substantial increase” in prize money.

“Players look forward to building on today’s positive announcements and ensuring the Council develops into a genuinely representative and effective forum for player consultation, while continuing to work through their representatives on prize money and player welfare,” a statement read.

The US Open begins on Sunday, 30 August.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

England vs Pakistan: Harry Brook, Joe Root, Jordan Cox make runs in Headingley gloom

Yankuba Minteh: Liverpool have £50m bid rejected for Brighton winger

Maeve Plouffe: Rider ‘nearly hit’ by car on day one of Tour of Britain Women

Francesca Hennessy in talks to fight undisputed bantamweight champion Dina Thorslund

Closer to retiring than changing teams – why Max Verstappen stayed at Red Bull

Newcastle: Jaissle on pain which set him on path to club and speaking with Howe

Novak Djokovic documentary: Tennis great on being ‘my own biggest doubter’ and childhood that shaped his career

England all-rounder Sam Curran’s hopes of Test recall this summer ended by injury

Tottenham transfer news: Spurs in talks to sign Man City’s Omar Marmoush and Savinho

Editors Picks

Tories slammed over plans to scrap 2035 diesel ban as EVs could make businesses ‘more profitable’

20 August 2026

Harry and Meghan ‘should have to explain attacks on Royal Family’ amid return to the UK

20 August 2026

Levenshulme stabbing murder charge after man killed | Manchester News

20 August 2026

EastEnders star fumes it’s a ‘tragedy’ BBC is ‘under-appreciated’ as he shares firm defence amid controversies

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Heatwaves drive record-breaking demand on NHS Wales services | UK News

20 August 2026

England vs Pakistan: Harry Brook, Joe Root, Jordan Cox make runs in Headingley gloom

20 August 2026

Nigel Farage says PM’s rough-sleeping plan tells migrants ‘everything is free if you come by boat’

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.