British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

Suella Braverman tells GB News that student loans are a ‘betrayal’ of the British taxpayer

20 August 2026

Prince William left ‘extremely unhappy’ by Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s return to the UK

20 August 2026

Somali pirates seize tanker as fresh attacks threaten global shipping and UK energy prices

20 August 2026

Manchester United news: Michael Carrick dismisses easy Premier League start talk | Manchester News

20 August 2026

Alex Armstrong tears apart Sussexes’ UK return with brutal reminder of everything they’ve said about Britain

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Harry and Meghan’s ‘audacious return to the UK down to disastrous failure in the US’
Entertainment

Harry and Meghan’s ‘audacious return to the UK down to disastrous failure in the US’

By britishbulletin.com20 August 20263 Mins Read
Harry and Meghan’s ‘audacious return to the UK down to disastrous failure in the US’
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s return to the UK is down to the “disastrous failure in the United States,” a royal commentator has claimed.

GB News confirmed on Wednesday evening that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are sensationally moving to the UK at the end of this month for “an extended period of time”.


It comes six years after they shook the Royal Family by announcing they were quitting their roles as working royals, and upping sticks to Montecito, California.

While Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet are said to have been enrolled in an unknown school already, King Charles is only believed to have been informed of the decision on Sunday – just three days before the news was revealed to the public.

Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told GB News this is down to the Sussexes’ “ruthlessness”.

He said: “This is putting it mildly; even their ruthless audaciousness isn’t usually like this, because this really is extraordinary.

“It’s going to be hard for various reasons to deal with.”

The commentator said he believes the main reason behind their return is a “bad, disastrous failure in the United States.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s return to the UK is down to the ‘disastrous failure in the United States’

|

PA

Harry and Meghan’s new chapter in America began with their bombshell 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which the duchess claimed she had been “silenced” by the Royal Family.

The interview was followed by Harry’s memoir Spare, which contained a series of damaging allegations about his family and his life as a working royal.

The couple subsequently signed a reported $100million deal with Netflix, producing a number of projects for the streaming giant, including their controversial 2022 documentary Harry & Meghan – where Harry accused the monarchy of a “huge level of unconscious bias”.

The duchess’s lifestyle show With Love, Meghan, was then released in 2025, climbing to 10th position on Netflix’s global Top 10 within its first week.

However, the show’s performance later declined sharply, falling to to number 383 for the first half of the year, while the couple’s wider Hollywood ambitions have faced a series of setbacks.

Meghan’s lifestyle show With Love, Meghan, was released in 2025, climbing to 10th position on Netflix’s global Top 10 within its first week

| NETFLIX

Last year, Meghan and Harry agreed a fresh first-look arrangement with the streaming service, granting Netflix priority access to productions from their company Archewell Productions.

Their latest project, Cookie Queens, also suffered disappointment, taking just over £250,000 at the box office.

And after With Love, Meghan’s second series, the duchess totally severed ties with the streaming giant, taking complete control of her lifestyle brand, As Ever.

While the show did recently secure a Daytime Emmy nomination, sources have indicated there are “currently no plans for a third season.”

So, while the Hollywood dream has seemingly begun to fall apart for the Sussexes, Mr Fitzwilliams suggested that Harry will be “feeling the pangs that exiles do”.

“He hasn’t got a proper job, really,” the expert added. “And to be in a cameo in some of Megan’s films – I mean, that is no future for him.

“I don’t think that she would have particularly wanted this.”

The commentator claimed that Buckingham Palace will now be in a “quandary as to how to deal with this both short and long term.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Prince William left ‘extremely unhappy’ by Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s return to the UK

Alex Armstrong tears apart Sussexes’ UK return with brutal reminder of everything they’ve said about Britain

Meghan Markle’s stance on sending Archie and Lilibet to UK schools unearthed

Ben Leo lets rip over Home Office ‘anti-rape’ guidance for asylum seekers: ‘Disastrous, dangerous joke!’

BBC’s cost-cutting measures over football coverage draw fury as Match of the Day faces oblivion

The areas the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could choose for their new home

Trevor Nelson shares ‘very serious’ brain tumour battle as he explains real reason for BBC Radio 2 absence

Prince Harry’s coming home and William is ‘apoplectic’ as Sussexes’ return sparks worries of rival royal courts

BBC Apprentice star Luisa Zissman sparks fury as she brands fast food customers ‘gross and lazy’ in ‘judgmental’ rant

Editors Picks

Prince William left ‘extremely unhappy’ by Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s return to the UK

20 August 2026

Somali pirates seize tanker as fresh attacks threaten global shipping and UK energy prices

20 August 2026

Manchester United news: Michael Carrick dismisses easy Premier League start talk | Manchester News

20 August 2026

Alex Armstrong tears apart Sussexes’ UK return with brutal reminder of everything they’ve said about Britain

20 August 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Burnham announces plans to clean up worst three illegal waste dumps | UK News

20 August 2026

Yankuba Minteh: Liverpool have £50m bid rejected for Brighton winger

20 August 2026

Train on fire near London Victoria sparks major disruption as holidaymakers warned of delays to Gatwick services

20 August 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.