British BulletinBritish Bulletin
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
What's On

New pay-per-mile taxes could ‘eliminate’ confidence in electric cars as drivers stick to petrol

20 May 2026

French Open qualifying 2026: Toby Samuel one win from Roland Garros main draw

20 May 2026

Jury fails to reach verdict in trial of two men accused of assaulting police officer

20 May 2026

Wes Streeting’s resignation speech handed scathing Tory takedown: ‘No substance!’

20 May 2026

Princess Beatrice’s husband Edoardo breaks his social media silence to celebrate good news

20 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
British Bulletin
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech & Science
  • Travel
  • Spotlight
  • More
    • Press Release
British BulletinBritish Bulletin
Home » Three women named and pictured after bodies recovered from sea
News

Three women named and pictured after bodies recovered from sea

By britishbulletin.com20 May 20263 Mins Read
Three women named and pictured after bodies recovered from sea
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Three women whose bodies were recovered from the sea off Brighton beach have been named for the first time.

Emergency services scrambled to the seafront after reports of a person in trouble in the water near the tourist hotspot at around 5.45am on May 13.


When they arrived, the bodies of three women were found.

Sisters Jane Abettor, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, were named as the three women who tragically died, and they were from the Uxbridge area of London, Sussex Police said.

Sisters Jane Abettor, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, were named as the three whose bodies were discovered

|

FAMILY HANDOUT

Sisters Jane Abettor, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, were from the Uxbridge area of London, Sussex Police said.

It was feared one of the women “misjudged the shingle shelf”, dragging her into immediate danger.

Police are understood to be exploring multiple lines of enquiry.

Brighton beach’s pebbly profile gives it a number of steep slopes, making it a perilous spot to run into trouble.

Eight police cars and vans were spotted on the scene | PA

The incident sparked a massive search operation with coastguard boats deployed along with helicopters.

More than a dozen police officers, vans and cars as well as HM Coastguard and Rescue Officers were seen patrolling the area.

The investigation kicked off at around 5.45am on Wednesday, before the beach later reopened.

Police confirmed the women’s loved ones are being supported by specialist officers.

In an update last week, Chief Superintendent Adam Hays said: “I understand the impact this tragic incident has had on the local community and more widely.

“This is a sensitive investigation and we know the public are keen to understand the full circumstances. But our priority at this time is identifying these three women and locating their families, who at this point remain unaware they have lost loved ones.

“I would ask for people’s patience while we conduct these enquiries and to avoid speculation while this is ongoing.

“Anyone with information that could help is asked to contact police online or via 101, quoting Operation Ledmore.”

A helicopter and two lifeboats assisted the emergency response at the scene on Brighton beach

| X

Paying tribute, their father, Joseph, said in a statement: “No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives.

“Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Jury fails to reach verdict in trial of two men accused of assaulting police officer

Two jailed for life for drive-by shooting murder | UK News

Allegations about Reform candidate’s posts are troubling, Labour says | UK News

Ukrainian denies being consulted by Essex council about removal

Drakeford attacks Westminster Labour over lack of powers for Wales | UK News

Palaeontology breakthrough as scientists discover reason why T-Rex had tiny arms

MPs raise concerns about how police inquiries into Al Fayed are handled | UK News

Xavier Roe: Sale sign scrum-half from New Zealand side Chiefs | Manchester News

‘Too good to be true’

Editors Picks

French Open qualifying 2026: Toby Samuel one win from Roland Garros main draw

20 May 2026

Jury fails to reach verdict in trial of two men accused of assaulting police officer

20 May 2026

Wes Streeting’s resignation speech handed scathing Tory takedown: ‘No substance!’

20 May 2026

Princess Beatrice’s husband Edoardo breaks his social media silence to celebrate good news

20 May 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Brittan News and Updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Santander UK customers offered chance to win £1,000 in savings giveaway

20 May 2026

Gemma Collins says ‘I LOVE GB News’ as she reacts to Bev Turner over Education Dept campaign controversy

20 May 2026

How to look younger: Hair blunders that highlight loose skin and jowls, according to an expert

20 May 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 British Bulletin. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.