The Metropolitan Police has launched a murder investigation after a man was fatally shot inside a vehicle in east London.
A man in his 40s was found dead at around 3am this morning after officers received reports of gunshots being fired along St Bartholomew’s Road.
Police officers, along with London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance officials, attended the scene.
There, they discovered the man who had sustained gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim’s family have since been informed and are now being supported by specialist officers, the force confirmed.
A full investigation into the circumstances of the incident is underway, while the surrounding area remains cordoned off.
Police have requested that those with information come forward to assist officers with the probe.
No arrests have been made as of yet.
A full investigation into the circumstances of the incident is underway
|
Detective Chief Inspector Dan Whitten, who is leading the investigation, said: “Firstly, our thoughts remain with the friends and family of the man who has sadly died.
“We know this incident will cause concern in the local area, and I want to reassure the community that my team and I are doing everything we can to determine what happened and trace those responsible.
“Those in the area will continue to see an increased police presence throughout the day while these enquiries continue.
“We are asking anyone with information, or who may have witnessed anything in the early hours of the morning, to please contact us.
LATEST FROM ‘CRIME-RIDDEN’ LONDON:
The MPS has renewed its investigation into another shooting which took place last week
|
GETTY
“Any piece of information, no matter how small, could be vital to our investigation.”
Individuals with information, or any footage that may assist the investigation, have been urged to get in touch with officers on 101, quoting CAD797/18AUG.
Equally, people can provide information anonymously through independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
In a separate incident, the MPS has renewed its appeal for information after a 25-year-old man died in a shooting in Clapham, south London.
Auguste-Marie Bile-aka Amoa, a bus driver, was named following the attack along Willington Road at 9.57pm on August 10.
Officers originally arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder after he was hospitalised for a gunshot wound.
However, he was discharged and released with no further action.
Putting out a statement, Mr Amoa’s family said: “We are devastated by the horrific murder of Bile-aka. He was an amazing young man full of love, kindness, and an enthusiasm for life.
“Bile-aka touched so many hearts, and the pain of losing him is impossible to put into words. It is difficult to imagine a world without his smile, his presence, and the joy he brought to those around him.
“Family, friends, and colleagues are heartbroken, and all we want now is justice for him. Please stand with us and help us honour Bile-aka by making sure his life is remembered and that justice is served.”

